ForScan Tweaks - 2015+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
For $100 there's a plug in to the OBD2 port that takes no dash disassembly. Literal plug-n-play. Different module for 2018-19 and 2020-later. The Memorizer version seems most appropriate.

https://www.4dtech.com/expedition-18-19-start-stop-eliminator/

-- Chuck
Chuck, there are documented issues with that one. And if you use your OBDII for anything else, it is in the way. The recommended one, is definitely the plug in harness.

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Quick question regarding this damn auto start/stop:

If turned off via Forscan, it actually shuts down the BMS (Battery Monitoring System), which in turn disables auto start/stop! Now it certainly keeps your engine from stalling at all the stoplights, but here's the problem: With BMS offline, you'll get a warning message on every startup, and at about 30 mins into the trip. It says "Charging System Service Soon" in a bright red box.

Of course everyone in the car will quickly ask "hey - what's that big red warning message? Are we all gonna die?" Nice thing about a sterile cockpit is nobody except the crew sees such mess, but hey, this isn't a B757. So ask yourself if you can live with the BMS warnings popping up, or the auto engine shutdown? Wonder what other issues a disabled BMS will cause?

Anyone have a better method of turning off that **most stupid of all forced features** other than disabling the entire BMS?

Thanks!
Disabling BMS in general is a BAD idea. It exists for a reason. It varies the charging voltage sent to the battery and a few other things. When it is disabled, FULL output charging is sent to the battery at ALL times when the motor is running, because it knows no different. Anybody who knows anything about batteries can deduce why this is bad. It can greatly decrease the life of your battery. BMS also functions to normalize the voltage throughout the system. With sensitive electronics throughout the vehicle, this can also be bad because voltage drops/spikes will be greater and more often without BMS enabled.

I ABSOLUTELY HATE that people use this setting to disable Start/Stop. It really is not that bad. If you don't like it get the harness, or press the button, IT IS 1 BUTTON! It is not hard to press.

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's too bad Ford doesn't allow you to program your screens the way you want them.
Huh? I have no issues seeing the data I want to see. It's not perfect, but it is there. Most people just don't care. They get in and drive them. People on this forum are part of the exception.

guzzon

Reaction score
Apologies for if the answer exists somewhere, but after lots of searching I haven't found anything:

I recently "downgraded" my suspension to non-CCD shocks/springs, and now get the expected error message at start up that the driver select suspension is disabled. It's not a big deal - all I need to do is hit OK, but it would be nice to turn off that message.

I have FORScan and have made a bunch of changes (bambi mode, DRLs, no double-honk on door close) thanks to this thread, but I haven't been able to figure out how to turn off CCD, so the vehicle isn't expecting it and throws the error message.

Has anyone figured out how to do this?

jlines

Reaction score
It seems the link for the 2015+ spreadsheet is no longer working. Does anyone else have the file?

Langer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here’s what I have.

Attachments

• FORScan Codes-Expedition - 2015-2017.pdf
    104.2 KB · Views: 119

star-art

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I recently "downgraded" my suspension to non-CCD shocks/springs, and now get the expected error message at start up that the driver select suspension is disabled. It's not a big deal - all I need to do is hit OK, but it would be nice to turn off that message.

Wish I could help, but as someone who would really love to *add" CCD suspension, could you tell me exactly which parts you replaced? For example, I knew the shocks were special for CCD, but I didn't know the springs were also different. Were there any other parts you had to replace?

Thanks! :)

guzzon

Reaction score
Wish I could help, but as someone who would really love to *add" CCD suspension, could you tell me exactly which parts you replaced? For example, I knew the shocks were special for CCD, but I didn't know the springs were also different. Were there any other parts you had to replace?

Thanks! :)
My mechanic did this for me, and he listed this Strutmasters part number:

So yes, he did replace the springs along with the shocks. FWIW, MSRP for a single CCD spring/shock is only slightly less $$ than the entire kit :)

Here are the CCD shock part numbers for my '15 Limited:
ASH85848, ASH25847, AST24638, AST24639

From the diagrams you should be able to find all of the other parts needed including the springs, e.g.:

Dave711

Reaction score
Wish there was a way to change how long the powered running boards stay out while in park.. I want them to stay out slightly longer so when loading kids in the backseat, I can shut the door and take a breath from the insanity before the steps retract. Seems like a bit of unnecessary wear on the components.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savbraze