Front-end squeeks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fastcat

Reaction score
I took my car to get it inspected and when the guy took it off the lift and drove it out it sounded like worn out bed springs everytime he turned the wheel in either direction. It wasnt doing this before the lift...n What could it be?

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
Are your truck's front ball joints greasable? If the are aftermarket, they might be. Mine gets pretty squeaky when they need greasing. Even swinging open the door and stepping on the running board will make it squeak. Sounds like an old wagon driving down the road. Hopefully that's what it might be.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
+1 on ball joints... hopefully the need to be greased or if a lot of dirt has built up it can cause that... or last resort... the ball joints are shot and need replacing... I just went through this problem last summer

Expeditionary

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My front end has a slight squeak to it when turning the wheels, but only when it is sitting still. If i get my guy to grease the ball joints should that fix it, I would hate to have to get them replaced $$$$

Zombie

Reaction score
I just purchased my Expedition 2 days ago and it drove perfectly with no squeeking. Yesterday I accidentally hit a pothole big enough to get lost in and now my front end is squeeking to. Guess I better get my grease gun out.

OP
OP
F

Fastcat

Reaction score
I greased the ball joints and its still squeeking. It squeeks when turn and hitting bumps... Anytime the suspension moves... Its annoying but more embarrising lol

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll put my money on "you'll need new ball joints" probably both upper and lower.... because what you are describing happened to mine last summer... exact same problem

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mine was like $200ish and a twelve pack for a friend that did it for me....

OP
OP
F

Fastcat

Reaction score
Its been raining here the past 3 os 4 days and the squeeking has stopped... And I've greased everything on the suspension besides the rack and pinion. U still think its my ball joints?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chase5817