Gave the Expedition a new look

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
Instant hooptie.

Tastes (or lack of them :) ) vary and I'm sensing are generational. Black wheels look like those old steel wheels when the wheel covers were stolen and look horrible. No accounting for taste. I'm told there are guys who can actually drink Lite beer. :)

Don't misunderstand me. 24" chrome wheels look just as bad. :)

-- Chuck
(Hoping he put enough smilies in there...)

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
Instant hooptie.

Tastes (or lack of them :) ) vary and I'm sensing are generational. Black wheels look like those old steel wheels when the wheel covers were stolen and look horrible. No accounting for taste. I'm told there are guys who can actually drink Lite beer. :)

-- Chuck

Thunderbirdsport

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Key detail here is you still have a “touch” of chrome. I didn’t realize this post was going to take off or I would’ve been more detailed. I like chrome but I don’t like too much. Balance is good. Like my Expi has chrome wheels, door handles and the grill. I dont like all the excessive trim that I’ve seen on other trucks. Gotta have just the right mix, too much of either us simply..well too much.

I'd have bought a Navigator, but too blingy. I'd spend a small fortune giving it a monochromatic look, and don't really care for all the upgraded fancy shit LOL

Instant hooptie.

-- Chuck

20" are more than big enough for me, it get to the point where a vehicle becomes a fancy piece of driveway art with reduced off road ability and I need my trucks to get dirty and drag boats and other stuff rather frequently. So while there are those who want heated ball scratchers and 24 inch "dubs" on their lowered, rough riding, ill handling pimp mobile, I want my rig to be less flashy, less pimp-y, and all about just getting the job done. That's just me. Thankfully it's a palette and we can paint our own pictures as we see it in our mind. :)

Mmart

Reaction score
Exactly. I want the truck to look “clean” but I bought it to
A. Move people
B. Handle northeast winters
C. Drive on the beach to fish, so 20’ rims give me enough tire to handle the non-paved surfaces. It’s gotta be like me, capable of doing the hard work but cleans up good! Lol

C11F25AE-35D9-48C6-9CB1-80B2D4E505BB.jpeg

Tom Southerland

Reaction score
I think it is a younger fellers liking of the black out look. I definitely don’t like it. Of course I am an old fart of 72. I love the chrome on my 2020 Expedition.

union pipewelder

Reaction score
I’m fifty-two, I’m a a chrome man, but not over kill, it’s a lot work to keep its bling, however I’m making a few changes, I’m Union Pipewelder that travel up north a lot to work, like I’m here in Pennsylvania, salt and chrome don’t go together, doing the last few years being working up north took a toll on my wheels, so I got new ones, they r polished for now but, I’m getting them powder coated, to help eliminate issues I have with my chrome wheels

021A12C7-BCE4-48A4-8138-0C8BB2E274B5.jpeg

66F3A75D-0F43-4590-9B17-B992449A5196.png

bezaki

Reaction score
I am in my mid to late 50's. I have never been a big on chrome. It has it's place, and i do not knock those that like it. Just not for me.

OP
OP
W

WEDGE

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Agreed, chrome has it's place. Harley's, vintage cars/trucks etc. I just really do not like it on my modern vehicles!