Help build my car wash and wax kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clemson82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I only use Collinite wax. It is, bar none, the absolute best wax ever made in my opinion. The feel and look afterward in incredible.

I had my Mercedes coated last year with IGL. That stuff is unbelievable. Watch the videos, it stays silky smooth and nothing sticks to it.

OP
OP
oldpaddy

oldpaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I only use Collinite wax. It is, bar none, the absolute best wax ever made in my opinion. The feel and look afterward in incredible.

I had my Mercedes coated last year with IGL. That stuff is unbelievable. Watch the videos, it stays silky smooth and nothing sticks to it.
Interesting. It gets great reviews.
Do you buff by hand or use a buffer?

Plati

Reaction score
OK. I asked my friends at the monthly meeting to drink beer and eat wings. Car guys, one owns a street rod & the other is finishing restomod of an pickup. They both say the wax the paint. One guy likes the "clay" thing and I did hear the Maguilers name a couple times. So I was wrong, didnt know.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
OK. I asked my friends at the monthly meeting to drink beer and eat wings. Car guys, one owns a street rod & the other is finishing restomod of an pickup. They both say the wax the paint. One guy likes the "clay" thing and I did hear the Maguilers name a couple times. So I was wrong, didnt know.
Gotta clay before you wax imo. The clay removes dirt and junk from the clear coat so if you wax without claying first your just sealing the junk in

BlueStangGT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Meguiar’s makes great products as do several others, I’ve used their stuff almost exclusively on my Mustang for nearly 20 years. There’s four basic steps to follow providing you don’t have any deep scratches:

1. Clean. Dawn works great for this.
2. Clay bar. Horizontal surfaces are always worse than vertical.
3a. Meguiar’s Ultimate Compound.
3b. Meguiar’s Ultimate Polish.
4. Meguiar’s Ultimate Wax.

You don’t need a dual action / random orbit polisher to do this but it definitely speeds things up tremendously, be sure to keep clean bonnets handy for each step and don’t exert extra pressure on the surface; let the various compounds do the work.

Last edited:

Helo driver

Reaction score
:patriot::patriot:Check out AMMO NYC. Larry has some exceptional products that are tough to beat. Plus, all the how to videos to go with it. I use most of his stuff on my black ‘16 MKX and my new Expy. Using the Hydrate paint moisturizer has been a game changer!

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
Black is the most difficult to keep up. It shows everything and will drive you nuts. Trust me, I have been there. However, It looks the best, when "just waxed". You want a glaze, not a wax or polish. They also make many, spray detailers, to use in between. Turtle wax ICE is a good product. Harley Davidson make a excellent paint glaze and spray detailer. The also sell single use polish towels at the dealer(nice item!), I use them on my Black Superglide. I tried it all and the HD is the best on black. Use new, good quality microfiber towels(washed may have debris). Some have polyester and may put micro scratches in the paint. Good Luck!