Hi to all

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

97EB5.4

Reaction score
must be because you dont see many nice explorers on the road any more. Especially one with flames. Pretty cool.

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
It was the inspiration for my Expy. Same amount of lift, same rims etc. Just the Explorer was a dog after the lift and tires. Was going to have to regear to get any power out of it, and the 4x4 shift motor was going. I ended up selling it to the mechanic at the Ford dealership in the City fo $1500. But it looked good. I really missed it till I started modding my expedition. 'Memories'

OP
OP

97EB5.4

Reaction score
cool thanks for the info. i will have to check it out.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'll chime in with the others cranking the TBs doesn't really affect tires just makes the ride a little stiffer... I have them cranked in my expy as well as my old 97 F150 that had 38s... I haven't used the new keys I just went and cranked the bars.... but then it's just a start then u add a body lift and then a suspension and it never ends.... well until the wife says no more!! :D:p...

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i am running a 4" rancho lift on mine with 35's and i drive on the beach all the time. a body lift with some 33's would probably be just fine but trust me (and walnuts), you will want to go bigger. so it is better to just do it from the beginning. i would go with a 6" lift to start. just my opinion. im gettin rid of my 4" and gettin 6".

OP
OP

97EB5.4

Reaction score
wow. les uk how do you get an expedition to england? are you military?

nvycrmn when do you think you will be getting rid of the 4''? I dont believe that I will go nuts with it. THats what my f150 is for. I do have young kids to consider and a mother in law. So I do think that I will have my own limit.

Thanks for the info on the tb's. I think that will be the first thing to start with. Im excited. Just have to wait to get back home.

LES UK

Reaction score
Hi mate... theres a huge American vehicle following over here, i,m not Military, born and bred England... the Expy cam from an ex US military based at Lakenheath .... its a 97 EB 4.6.... not seen many Expys over here ... ive had 88 Ford Econoline day van 5.7 .. 94 Ford Crown Vic 4.6 and a 93 Chevy Astro day van ....