Hillbilly Redneck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eagle 71

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How about J C Whitney's engine overhaul pellets? You put a pellet in each spark plug hole and dumped a can of the magic ring repair into the crankcase. "Recoats the pistons with new metal" !

TM, I actually used the 'overhaul pellets' in my '63 Pontiac Catalina engine. Had a 389, but only one deuce (Rochester two-barrel carb). Aside from the fact that she drank a quart of oil a month, she ran great. Even though Lee Petty endorsed this product, the pellets and the 'magic ring repair' fluid were unsuccessful in sealing my Cat's rings.
I loved that car, wish I still had her. Very easy to work on.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My brother had same car, same engine. That's the car I talked about earlier, that blew out the rings, right after doing a valve job on heads. Guess those 389 rings just don't like to be messed with.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Eagle 71

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My brother had same car, same engine.
pontiac-catalina-1963-12.jpg

Moose, here's a stock photo of the make/model. Mine was painted 'Sea Mist Green', a lighter green color than the one pictured. My Cat didn't have tinted windows or fancy hubcaps though...just the dog dish variety. She had a radio and a heater, had to replace the heater core though. And mine wasn't rusty - purchased her in dry north central CA (Calaveras County), with no rust.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My brothers was baby blue, same 4 door. He bought it from my oldest brothers mother inlaw. Great car till the timing chain blew. Back then I didn't know enough to do the repair. I was 16. The 389 was a great motor. The early Gto's with the hotter version was a neck snapper with a 4 speed.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Its funny, I've got a three deuce setup for sale off a 1966 model. Got to figure a safe way to ship first. Looks like 2 separate boxes. One for carbs, one for the heavy intake.

RhinoQuartz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Rhino, why are you calling me names and belittling me? Why do you think you are better than I? Is your contempt for all Americans or just those who celebrate their independence?

You must be quite a guy!

Stick to the State-run TV stations up there and you're safe from the evil guns and freedom and capitalist nonsense.

I don't believe I did either, but ok.

I also happen to be American and don't actually live in Canada so....

Anywhos, take care.

Psssst... there's nothing whatsoever wrong with Canada.

Damn place is calm, chill, and thriving

Apart from when the melt comes and the potholes show up. Otherwise, its a fairly pleasant place!

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Your ignorance is astounding and your lack of understanding of the world around is a little disconcerting.

While the average urban dweller may not care about zoning laws, the higher the population density of a particular area, the more important they become. Both the cities you mentioned, Chicago, and NYC, are great, albeit quite complex, examples of this.

And, on a separate note, it seems that you're using your life experiences as the basis for how others have, do, and should, lead their lives. Very odd, but go you, I guess.

Yes, I will certainly go to it. Tons of people feel the same way I do.
There is no ignorance on my part about it.
I already stated that I am aware that in larger cities it is different as other needs need to be addressed. I understand there are many differences and reasons for them. I just do not like any part of urban life. I think I said or at least inferred that too.

I am talking only about neighborhood suburban life not urban cities.

This is not about me or my values or knowledge on a subject.
I do think everyone should live in a suburb and drive cars everywhere they go.

This does not make me ignorant or unaware, just opinionated about a personal preference.

Don't speak to me with a condescending or insulting tone. I stated my opinions, you can state yours. If they are opposing views, so be it. No one needs to insult or attack the other.

RhinoQuartz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, I will certainly go to it. Tons of people feel the same way I do.
There is no ignorance on my part about it.
I already stated that I am aware that in larger cities it is different as other needs need to be addressed. I understand there are many differences and reasons for them. I just do not like any part of urban life. I think I said or at least inferred that too.

I am talking only about neighborhood suburban life not urban cities.

This is not about me or my values or knowledge on a subject.
I do think everyone should live in a suburb and drive cars everywhere they go.

This does not make me ignorant or unaware, just opinionated about a personal preference.

Don't speak to me with a condescending or insulting tone. I stated my opinions, you can state yours. If they are opposing views, so be it. No one needs to insult or attack the other.

I don't see any attacks anywhere, but clearly you're seeing something I'm not.

Clearly this topic has proved far too divisive to have a civil discourse and the thread seems to be straying a little off topic, so take care.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree, let's move on to the next topic guys. Life's too short to argue like this.