Hillbilly Redneck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sgt Darkness

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am checking to see if there are any other hillbilly rednecks on our forum. If you are a hillbilly you will know what happens when you “Pepsi” an engine or how to repair main crank bearings by using only a matchbook. Or, what to do with mothballs when ur trying to tune an engine for optimum power. Yep, I retired several years ago and am trying to keep myself occupied by asking and doing stupid stuff......the boss told me to find something to do an hour ago so here I am fellow forum members, hillbilly’s and rednecks.....make me proud!!!

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What's UP!!! I come from a long line of rednecks! Parents form Athens, TN.

My dad used to cut a piece of old leather belt and soak in oil for crank or rod bearing repair. Said he leaned it form old guy who owned the bus station / repair shop he worked at when younger.

I have pored Mtn Dew coffee and pee into gas tank and shook heck out of car to get running enough to get to gas station. I'm so redneck, I've done this 2-3 times.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sgt Darkness

Sgt Darkness

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What's UP!!! I come from a long line of rednecks! Parents form Athens, TN.

My dad used to cut a piece of old leather belt and soak in oil for crank or rod bearing repair. Said he leaned it form old guy who owned the bus station / repair shop he worked at when younger.

I have pored Mtn Dew coffee and pee into gas tank and shook heck out of car to get running enough to get to gas station. I'm so redneck, I've done this 2-3 times.

You’re a true hillbilly my friend. Yea, leather works really good for main bearings but if you're in a pinch a match book cover will work too.....when my father in law was alive we used to put mothballs (methane) in the fuel tank.....it would shoot blue flames out of the headers for 3 or 4 feet. It was a stout race car for sure. If you want to clean the inside of your engine out get a Pepsi bottle put four ounces of cold water then have a buddy start the engine, steady rev of 2k rpm. Then pour the cold water (slowly) into the carb. Since water won’t compress that’s what makes all the crap come out the tailpipe. Then you will have a clean engine......Only do this on cars that have a carb and not fuel injection and don’t let the car die while you’re pouring in the water. Same with mothballs, only do this if your car has a carb. More to come........

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I call that steam cleaning and I've done it to plenty of fuel-injected cars 2. I used to also run a can of gumout spray through the carb or throttle body while revving it up using about the whole can. There would be about a foot and a half circle on the ground underneath the tail pipes of carbon. The water works well and I've even used a garden hose on a fine type of missed. You just don't want to hydrolock the engine.... You could blow it up.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've been to court not once, but twice for parking cars in my yard. Then I went to court in a different city many years later about four times for various other issues like having a boat and the yard beside my garage but that was just an ******* inspector that was mad at me. Where else is somebody Park an 18 foot fiberglass boat when they're not using it?
He completely missed the real fun though. A couple years before that at the same house I had a 1947 Mack fire engine in the backyard. It didn't have a plate on it so it obviously wasn't a vehicle being used. I've got pictures of my kids and their cousins playing on it. Therefore it was a playground. That would have been a fun one to argue in court but I would have been there had he has realized I was there a couple years earlier.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've been to court not once, but twice for parking cars in my yard. Then I went to court in a different city many years later about four times for various other issues like having a boat and the yard beside my garage but that was just an ******* inspector that was mad at me. Where else is somebody Park an 18 foot fiberglass boat when they're not using it?
He completely missed the real fun though. A couple years before that at the same house I had a 1947 Mack fire engine in the backyard. It didn't have a plate on it so it obviously wasn't a vehicle being used. I've got pictures of my kids and their cousins playing on it. Therefore it was a playground. That would have been a fun one to argue in court but I would have been there had he has realized I was there a couple years earlier.

You could park the boat and trailer at a boat dock, or a self-storage place.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You could park the boat and trailer at a boat dock, or a self-storage place.

You could, but why would you want to where you have to worry about it and it won't be as safe or as watched or as convenient when you want to hook it up to take it somewhere or work on it.
You could park it on or above the roof or house (really though about this one), could stretch two steel cables from trees or poles and suspend it on them in a cradle, could sell it, could half bury in yard and plant flowers in it and make it a a "decorative planter", could have it on a train, in the rain, with a house, with a mouse...
You, or me,or the guy over there...could and should be able to do WHATEVER THE DAMN HELL we decide.
Most people in this and surrounding areas and probably in most of the country park boats, RVs, trailers, etc beside or behind house/garage/barn or in back yard somewhere...usually in a corner or next to a building.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tryspaygee