How Much Money (& Time Delay) to Delete Green Interior from '22 Timberline Expedition?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HtownHog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well... if I can find a good tutorial on how to cut out and replace the unacceptable seat covers of a 2022 Timberline, and if I decide to gamble on the new wizbang technology that doesn't work as good as the 22 year old technology in my current Expedition...

I guess I will just hope I can become significantly wealthier in the next 2 to 3 years, so I can buy a 3rd Expedition before my 'still new' $80,000+ vehicle begins to disintegrate.

Reminds me of Dyson. If you are rich enough to buy their visually interesting products (that occasionally work well, but are ALMOST ALWAYS horribly engineered), they figure you must be rich enough to replace them a couple of years or so later (and that you are stupid enough to keep buying their disposable junk. <-me)

We are the destroyers of the world with our wasteful lives, are we not?

You don't need to cut out the seat covers, these are slid over the foam and hog tied/D ringed to the frame for tightness. Interior replacement is a labor intensive job but is an intermediate level job so you should be able to do it yourself with a little bit of effort. I'd recommend removing each seat and placing on a sturdy table or bench top so you can work your way around the entire seat. Wrestling covers on/off in the vehicle is not ideal.

Seats have not changed so the 2021 fit will work on the '22. check the link below. cheapest color change would be $1395 for single color and mix of leather and vinyl. Full leather with bells and whistles can increase significantly though.