How Much Money (& Time Delay) to Delete Green Interior from '22 Timberline Expedition?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Timberline

Reaction score
Yes, I know some people may love the green. Good for you. :)
However, I also know Ford CANNOT force a person buying an $80,000 work/recreation/transport vehicle to accept green as the only interior color option (even though it seems that way in their Builder Tool).
Since I KNOW they ARE NOT and CANNOT be doing this, my question is...
What are the dealers telling you about any price variance or delay in your order when you insist upon an acceptable color (dark gray or black), that is not some kind of short-term fashion trend, for your new 2022 Timberline Expedition order?
Incidentally, I don't hate the color. I just know I will not enjoy looking at it for 15 YEARS (or more). So... I won't.

rvmode

Reaction score
Do you want tangerine stitching in your Dark Grey or Black Timberline?

OP
OP
T

Timberline

Reaction score
I won't be choosy. Simple is best, but if they want to maintain some sort of design consistency, the orangey reddish tangerine stripes will be tolerable. :)

flying68

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well I guess you won't be getting a Timberline then. Unless you want to spend a couple grand and get all new leather after the fact, because it will only leave the factory with the Deep Cypress leather trimmed interior.

blackedoutlimited

Reaction score
However, I also know Ford CANNOT force a person buying an $80,000 work/recreation/transport vehicle to accept green as the only interior color option (even though it seems that way in their Builder Tool).
What are the dealers telling you about any price variance or delay in your order when you insist upon an acceptable color (dark gray or black), that is not some kind of short-term fashion trend, for your new 2022 Timberline Expedition order?
Incidentally, I don't hate the color. I just know I will not enjoy looking at it for 15 YEARS (or more). So... I won't.
They aren’t going to make a special exception for you bc you don’t want green. That color is specific to the timberline. Don’t want green? Don’t get a timberline. It’s that easy

NukeLife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah, I don’t think you are going to have any luck there, with a ”custom” timberline.
More concerning is your assertion that you will be looking at the interior for 15 years or more. I don’t think this is a vehicle you should be planning on having that long of a relationship with. Not that you couldnt keep it that long,… but I think you will be spending major dollars to keep one of these out past 15 years.

ygfvdrrtffy

Reaction score
Yeah, too bad on the interior. I totally agree with you. The truck is cool, except the interior is not. I think that was a major fail by Ford. I have a rule about interior, I'll accept any color interior as long as it's black.

rvmode

Reaction score
With all due respect here gents I'd say a "Major Fail" is a little dramatic. Kind of like complaining about the beige trim an paint accents on an Eddie Bauer. The two Cypress interior options are Ford's Timberline DNA expressions. I do have an idea... Call (407)393-5277 and make your wishes known there... It's Ford of Disney World and the place where dreams come true.

StephenPT

Reaction score
Your options are to go aftermarket (Katzkin) or buy the OEM seat covers in Sandstone or Black through your dealer and do an R&R job. You might be able to get decent money for the green interior on E-Bay or something like that.

As others have already stated, you will not get a Timberline built from the factory with an interior other than green. Maybe in 2023 or 2024 Ford decides to revise their build configurations, but if it's not allowed right now, you won't get it your way no matter how much you think it's not right.