I really like Expedition, but the terrible suspension is getting to me...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
im not interested in jeopardizing my warranty w/ 3rd party tunes

Then just leave it I guess. You can't have both, there's no better option at this point.....

My 4wd actuator will be worn out after shutting the stupid thing off EVERY time I click sport mode so it doesn't handle like granny's old Caprice Classic! lol

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Then just leave it I guess. You can't have both, there's no better option at this point.....

My 4wd actuator will be worn out after shutting the stupid thing off EVERY time I click sport mode so it doesn't handle like granny's old Caprice Classic! lol

yeah its tolerable for now - this thing (can) ride like a wet noodle (especially considering im coming from a '17 f350 crew cab long bed 4x4).

I wear the drive mode knob out switching to eco mode as it is.

Reaction score
I have an 18 Limited. Came from a 15 F150. I went with the Secoy because of the tight suspension. I don’t feel everything you all are feeling. I did level it out and put bigger tires on. I test drove a Yukon and didn’t go that direction because it floated everywhere. My Expy is much tighter. Have a Infiniti QX80 also and the Expy drives and rides better. I did have to replace a couple struts that had blown and were backordered for a month. There is obviously and issue there. May want to have yours checked.

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The big SUVs are the lazy boy chairs of the highway. They for sure do not ride like the pickups. Unless you go heavier springs.

Charlie Johnson

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me what the differences in the height between the front and the rear everything measures up the same but when you park it on level ground you could tell she's off she's a little bit lower in the front

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can someone please tell me what the differences in the height between the front and the rear everything measures up the same but when you park it on level ground you could tell she's off she's a little bit lower in the front

if its like everything else its less than 2 inches...probably closer to 1 or 1.5 inches in difference - this is by design - so that when we load the back down w/ our wives cosmetics and enough clothes for an arm (just for the weekend) the entire vehicle will sit level.

If you level (front boost or lift) and then LOAD gear in the rear the geometry will be off and you'll end up w/ understeer!

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah its tolerable for now - this thing (can) ride like a wet noodle (especially considering im coming from a '17 f350 crew cab long bed 4x4).

I wear the drive mode knob out switching to eco mode as it is.

Eco rides the worst in my opinion, its softest.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have an 18 Limited. Came from a 15 F150. I went with the Secoy because of the tight suspension. I don’t feel everything you all are feeling. I did level it out and put bigger tires on. I test drove a Yukon and didn’t go that direction because it floated everywhere. My Expy is much tighter. Have a Infiniti QX80 also and the Expy drives and rides better. I did have to replace a couple struts that had blown and were backordered for a month. There is obviously and issue there. May want to have yours checked.

Our higher end models have the CCD suspensions on them. If yours had the leaking struts, then it has the lower end suspension parts on it. The CCD units are showing more signs of softness than the low end models currently.