I'm about to install a Magna-charger on my 2008 Expedition Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blksmk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm looking at a remote mounted turbo with my spare hx35 from my last big dsm build.

OP
OP
H

Hd Steve

Reaction score
It's alive!!!

Fired right up! No leaks, no check engine lights and no funny sounds... It even idled back down to 650-700 RPMs, and stayed smooth. All that's left now is to put the motor cover and hood back on. Then it's off to the dyno tune...

Does anyone want to take a guess on how much rwhp it will make? Im guessing 400-420 rwhp... Ill post a pick of the dyno sheet when its all said and done.

Blksmk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Educated guess I'm thinking you'll be at 376hp at the wheels and near 435 lb of tq

Boostedbus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's alive!!!

Fired right up! No leaks, no check engine lights and no funny sounds... It even idled back down to 650-700 RPMs, and stayed smooth. All that's left now is to put the motor cover and hood back on. Then it's off to the dyno tune...

Does anyone want to take a guess on how much rwhp it will make? Im guessing 400-420 rwhp... Ill post a pick of the dyno sheet when its all said and done.
NICE! Now you are almost ready to go get the Night Rider in his fuel injected suicide machine. Really cool build and great outcome on virgin startup!

OP
OP
H

Hd Steve

Reaction score
*Update*
So I've had the blower up and running on the expedition for about a month now. All seems well! I changed out the front 3" pulley for the 2.85" pulley. Surprisingly the smaller pulley only brought the boost to 7psi... Is it possible that im some how losing boost? It only had 330rwhp on the dyno... Seems like i should be making more power... I know the 33x12.5r20 tires are robbing some power. Any ideas? Advice?

OP
OP
H

Hd Steve

Reaction score
O... And in my post i mentioned that the eaton blower is a 1.8liter, however i was wrong. It is a 1.9liter. I also added a Jms boost a pump to the fuel pump

20200708_172547.jpg

OP
OP
H

Hd Steve

Reaction score
When i strapped it to the dyno it was 115 degrees out side... IAT was hovering around 195 degrees. It made 339 rwhp... I just got my banks shorty headers back from Swaintech. Ill load a pic of there white lightning coating. I have another dyno day coming up next week. However this time it will dyno with shorty headers, sct Ba5000 maf sensor, complete new high flowing exhaust topped with a 22" magnaflow muffler. This time in hoping it will dyno closer to 400rwhp...