Intake Manifold Removed....Now What? (2014 EL)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kafer79

Reaction score
2014 EL
5.4 3v
Mileage: 150,000

Coolant weeping into #5 plug cavity from crossover pipe causing engine miss. I removed the intake manifold and crossover pipe and saw plastic gasket deterioration at thermostat side of crossover pipe.

Question: What else should I consider replacing while the manifold is out? Water pump? Detonation sensors? I ordered new Ford coils.

Thanks

Manifold 2.jpg

Manifold.jpg

Last edited:

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Agreed. But there is a concept known as preventive maintenance and mean time between failure. At 150,000 miles I need to consider components nearing the end of its service life who's replacement would be aided with the manifold removed.
OK but I fix things when they break. Service life is often 300k miles.

JollyRoger

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Agreed. But there is a concept known as preventive maintenance and mean time between failure. At 150,000 miles I need to consider components nearing the end of its service life who's replacement would be aided with the manifold removed.

X2. Simply because I don't like setting on the side of the road waiting on a tow truck.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
X2. Simply because I don't like setting on the side of the road waiting on a tow truck.
I had over 50 vehicles and never had one towed.........and never fixed things that ain't broke. Part normally give you a warning before they quit. I don't consider miles on a part preventative maintenance. Also, my other truck had over 2ook miles on it when I sold it with the original coils.

Last edited:

71Rcode

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If it were me I would be changing the water pump with the motorcraft unit as well as The tensioner and 2 idler Pulleys. Preventive maintenance is peace of mind.