Intelligent access door handles not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rx7gslse

Reaction score
the vehicle stops scanning teh other handles when the voltage is low. Could be a lot of short trip,s or could be the battery on its last leg... You'll notice the auto stop/start won't engage either (will show auto stop/start not enabled, vehicle charging) when the voltage is low.

Mine is doing it to.. . likely time for a new battery.

Yup - mine needed a new battery per the dealer, down to ~400amps vs the 900 new, so a little less than 1/2 capacity... Replaced the battery and now the auto stop/start and the other 3 door handles are back to normal operation.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine just started doing it this past week. Guess a battery is up next. Might wait until the Spring before camping season starts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Christopher D

Reaction score
Having same issues with Intelligent Access and doors (other than driver door) not responding to touch to lock or unlock. Called the dealership today for an appointment to diagnose and hopefully fix issue. On a side note....also still having trouble with outside mirrors intermittently adjusting and making clicking sound when going to enter vehicle. Supposedly went to the dealer and fixed after a reprogram for both outside mirrors. Anyone else with these issues? Very annoying!

Christopher D

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue with my door handles. First the driver door handle stopped working for the lock function. Now all four door handles don't work. Also, upon pressing the memory function, my outside mirrors either go up to the sky and start clicking or down to the ground and start clicking. Took a video and showed it to the dealer. They said they couldn't replicate the problem....but I showed you the video of it doing it! Really? I love this Expedition but it definitely has some gremlins. Not bad for $82,000.

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I guess the low battery progression is the loss of Auto-Stop-Start, then intelligent touch door handles. Mine is holding in the "no more A-S-S" stage and I consider it a "plus," but I've used a trickle charger on it a time or two but no change. Next time it's in for service, they'll probably test the battery and deal with it then.

drjeff

Reaction score
I just went through this for 4 months. Dealer checked once while in for something else and said battery and charging system fine. Finally took it in for that specific problem. The battery was the problem. Expedition working fine now. They said the key to battery problem is if the Auto/Stop/Start is not working. Go get a new battery!

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can Auto-Stop-Start be permanently overridden?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can Auto-Stop-Start be permanently overridden?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Only with a third party device. I don’t think anyone has fully found the ForScan way without kicking back battery errors.

I use the AutoStartStop Eliminator. When on sale, it is about $70 ($90 normally, I think). There are discount codes out there, too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bjtor

Reaction score
My 2018 Expy would not allow me to lock or unlock using the door handles other than the drivers side. I asked the dealer to check the battery. Dealer said it was the body control module and said they needed the truck for a week so they could test every connection before Ford would authorize replacing the BCM. I told them to give me the car and checked the battery ...sure enough it was marginal. Replaced the battery and all the locks worked fine!
What a joke!
My local dealer must be milking Ford for service fees.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire