Is that stock or aftermarket? Do i dare use it with engine off, or only idling/driving?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
120v 15A = 1800w???? Thats like a friggin tea kettle

Holy shit i can boil water and make cupanoodle in this thing???

NO...you might want to read your manual....chances are, the receptacle will MELT if you attempt to draw 15 amps @ 120v....use your head, you know better! I would expect it to be rated for 3 amps, at most....so, what is the answer guys...who has looked it up?

OK, 1.25 amps...roughly at 120v......because the fuse is 15A SHOULD mean that the fuse is the weak link....but in the auto world, it just isn't done that way!!

jeff

OP
OP
A

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ahh didn't realize expeditions had em too, my SSV has no console

So 150w eh? Mine's not printed or maybe had a sticker that came off

Which means laptop yay, boiling water nay... gotcha

Does it work with engine off?

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
NO...you might want to read your manual....chances are, the receptacle will MELT if you attempt to draw 15 amps @ 120v....use your head, you know better! I would expect it to be rated for 3 amps, at most....so, what is the answer guys...who has looked it up?

OK, 1.25 amps...roughly at 120v......because the fuse is 15A SHOULD mean that the fuse is the weak link....but in the auto world, it just isn't done that way!!

jeff

I started to read your post, looked over at the avatar, and then ... Yeah I didn't finish reading your post. :)