Is there a common coolant leak spot on passenger side rear of the motor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you have a 99 expedition? If so I think you mean v8 on engine size. If you do have a v10, you must have one of the larger pickups. Doesn't matter, as always the proper way to diagnose coolant leaks, is to pressurize your system with a cooling system hand pump. Like I've said in other posts, when you add pressure to system, you will reveal any weak spots. So if you've got a water pump or hose that's getting weak, it will fail at test time. Always better to fix failing items now, than overheat on the road. Keep us posted what you find, and if you can state what size engine 4.6 or 5.4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a coolant leak on the rear passenger side of the engine, like most other folks on this line. I changed the heater core last night,

Are they leaking at the hose connection against the firewall? If you didn't put in new plastic clips at the end of the hose, they may not be sealing tight like they should.

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a similar situation. i have a leak <snip>. i just replaced intake gasket from felpro a

The super common failure point is on the front right side of the intake manifold. It's part of the coolant crossover. See the upper hole:
1855E798-1D60-4B0A-B47B-19B034CCECE1.jpg

See how it doesn't look like this one:
6240BFC9-6C4D-4EC7-95AE-E7E147A8B281.jpg