JLT 3.0 install 2019 MAX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

st381183

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ve had my JLT in for a month. Not a lot of driving, but some, bone dry. To me that’s good, means the EGR system is working. I was expecting immediate results of finding oil in the can. I put a similar catch can in my wife’s 2014 Sonata which is just direct injected and she drives to work every day and it too is bone dry. We live in the southwest and it’s pretty dry. I think more humid climates fill up catch cans quicker.

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ll be interested to know if you get much. I live in Cincinnati and it rains all the damn time here. Lots. Not Seattle mist, I’m talking buckets every few days. Not sure what you get in Richmond. If moisture plays a role I’ll need one I bet.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I’ll be interested to know if you get much. I live in Cincinnati and it rains all the damn time here. Lots. Not Seattle mist, I’m talking buckets every few days. Not sure what you get in Richmond. If moisture plays a role I’ll need one I bet.

I have seen plenty in my previous EB’s in Richmond, just look at my other Catch Can threads...

Don’t have mine in the New Expy yet. I test fit the bracket for Vince at JLT, and there was another user on here who installed his around the same time. Wife is working too much!

Maybe I can get it in tomorrow after work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Following these posts....clearly most don't understand how a PCV system works. If it is bone dry then some thing is not right with the can installation

3DogRanch

Reaction score
@302Xplorer , by way of comparison... I installed mine in March (2020).
I prefer the relocation that your (assumed) newer version has. I've put on about 1K miles
(since quarantine has me working from home) and shown below is the amount of oil collected in the reservoir.

We live in Colorado Springs, which is decidedly a dry and arid climate.

2020-06-08 08.08.24.jpg 2020-06-08 08.10.02.jpg

OP
OP
302Xplorer

302Xplorer

Reaction score
**Update**
After 5,000 miles of hard driving in temperatures usually between 75-85; here is what has accumulated in the catch can:
f789ec1b34ce0d19af7dff0e63d3d1e6.jpg
It looks like it would fill about half of a standard shot glass that some of us would use for imbibing bourbon.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good to keep that out of our intakes. I also have the JLT 3.0 and notice after 5000 miles it’s hard to unscrew the canister. I may try to add some silicon grease to the o-ring to see if it makes any difference.

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good to keep that out of our intakes. I also have the JLT 3.0 and notice after 5000 miles it’s hard to unscrew the canister. I may try to add some silicon grease to the o-ring to see if it makes any difference.
I have silicone on the O ring and don't screw it tight. I only tighten it just to make a seal where the can just gets snug on the O ring and I stop.