Keypad lock- again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just called the dealer. $49 and almost half a day wasted time to bring it in for service. Not sure if they too have to take apart the trim or they just plug in their computer.

They don't need the vehicle at all to pull the code. They just need the VIN.

OP
OP

10Expedition

Reaction score
OK codebreakers. I inspected the keypad with a magnifying glass. keys 0-1 and 9-0 show signs of wear. 9-0 has more wear. The rest are pretty new. How big is the search space? It's gotta be much smaller if you take three keys out. Does this mean the code starts by pressing 0-1 or 9-0?

EDIT:

How do I even know the keypad works? They show no sign of life when pressed. I expected them to be backlighted.

Last edited:

Plati

Reaction score
How do I even know the keypad works? They show no sign of life when pressed. I expected them to be backlighted.
what differences does it make? ... you don't know the code
ONION SKIN
btw my 2014 pad is backlit after first touch

and I sure hope you have to go to a Dealer in person with the appropriate paperwork to prove you own the vehicle, not just call up with a VIN and get the code! I helped my elderly neighbor get new keys cut at the dealer after he misplaced his keys and he had to show up with the right documents

Last edited:

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
and I sure hope you have to go to a Dealer in person with the appropriate paperwork to prove you own the vehicle, not just call up with a VIN and get the code! I helped my elderly neighbor get new keys cut at the dealer after he misplaced his keys and he had to show up with the right documents

If you purchased the vehicle from any Ford dealer, your info is already in their system as the owner. Likewise, if you have registered as the owner with Ford Mo Co. If neither apply, then I have no experience, but I imagine they would ask for a reg card or something.

OP
OP

10Expedition

Reaction score
I BROKE THE CODE!

But it wasn't all math. I haven't seen it done this way anywhere so here goes.

First I noticed [1-2] and [9-0] buttons are the most used. The rest were pretty new so I had to deal with just three symbols, A, B and A&B. You need 5 of them to make a valid code. Since repetition is allowed, there are 3^5 possibilities. That's only 243. However, by luck I cut this down quite a bit. Once I stumbled upon the correct code and the lock opened but I could not repeat it. What I did remember was that the first press was A and no other key(s) were pressed twice. If you do the numbers, you are down to just 6 combinations. It didn't take long to find it. SUCCESS!

The code is actually pretty slow to enter. I don't see myself using it much unless I have to. Can't change it because I don't have the factory code but it's good enough. Case closed.