Lincoln emblem on 2020 Platinum engine?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Am I within my rights to demand one from the dealership? Have you heard if anyone has been successful at this?

None of the 2021’s appear to have them, and it looks like you just confirmed that they started removing them on the 2020’s.

I would demand one if mine didn’t have one. Us 2020 guys that have them can take pics so you have ammo for the Service department.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Absolutely, for one, you could print out pictures from the ford parts websites that show the cover should be there. Further more, a quick google image search like "2020 ford expedition engine pictures" shows hundreds of photos with the Ford cover present. Should be more than enough proof.

Fizzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
None of the 2021’s appear to have them, and it looks like you just confirmed that they started removing them on the 2020’s.

I would demand one if mine didn’t have one. Us 2020 guys that have them can take pics so you have ammo for the Service department.

Absolutely, for one, you could print out pictures from the ford parts websites that show the cover should be there. Further more, a quick google image search like "2020 ford expedition engine pictures" shows hundreds of photos with the Ford cover present. Should be more than enough proof.

Need to confirm when my wife gets home - she's out with the kids in it right now. Appreciate your help guys!

Broncoholic

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Absolutely, for one, you could print out pictures from the ford parts websites that show the cover should be there.
^^THIS

In a bid to end part shortage and delivery issues, it's possible Ford could have limited effectivity and aren't including them anymore. Unlikely, but possible.

RC Fan

Reaction score
Some clarity on the Motors:

The Navi has the HO or otherwise in some cases referred to as the Raptor Motor. There are several physical differences. Turbos, Pistons, and a few other things. The HO motors run a slightly lower compression to handle the additional power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don’t want the Navigator, other than the performance upgrades. A Sport version of the Expedition including the HO engine would be awesome.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I remember Deadman saying his wife's Navigator is so much louder than his Expedition. Maybe this was an experiment or a huge goof. I would say crawl under there and compare it to a Expedition and a Navigator .

Navigator got full dual exhaust system from factory. The Expedition got single exhaust.

A simple look at the muffler tip alone would tell if its the Navigator exhaust system....

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Navigator got full dual exhaust system from factory. The Expedition got single exhaust.

A simple look at the muffler tip alone would tell if its the Navigator exhaust system....
But Deadman, isn't it only a dual tip at the muffler? I was literally behind one this morning and it had dual tips on the muffler, so still a single run from front to back. I don't think there's even a channel underneath to run to separate pipes, so conceivably it could still have a different motor with the expy exhaust. Again, all of this seems highly unlikely and most likely they just used the wrong cover, but I've seen worse QC lately.

As seen here:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url...ved=0CAYQjRxqFwoTCID6oYLHye8CFQAAAAAdAAAAABAU

Fizzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Whilst there is a non-zero chance they put the wrong engine in, it’s ridiculously unlikely. Modern automated production line processes simply don’t allow this to happen “by accident”. Which leaves intentional. Which begs the question why? And how? And to what end?

Call off Scooby Do and the gang. It’s just the wrong cover, likely due to shortages of the Ford part, and someone deciding a related marque cover is better than no cover at all.