Looking to Buy This Week [Questions]

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrPangloss

Reaction score
Looking to make a move from a 4Runner TRD OffRoad Premium with XP package to a larger vehicle as we expand our family.

I wanted an Expy FX4 Max with eLSD and CCD, but the FX4 models seem to be the most difficult to find.

We have settled on a Limited 4x4 with HD Tow and eLSD.

This would be missing the CCD or off road tuned shocks, and the underbody plates, but has most of what we need for towing in beach, mud and snow.

What are your thoughts on 68,400 for this 77k window sticker? (attached) How low do you think I could get this price in North Carolina?

Attachments

• window.pdf
    835.7 KB · Views: 9

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Could be a good deal, but what incentives are included in that price? And, might there be other things that could increase that price? For example has the dealer installed tint, paint sealant, Nitrogen in tires, alarm system, VIN etching or any other overpriced and often unneeded things? Finally, I would consider that NOT having the CCD isn't necessarily a negative because it allows for a range of replacement shock options.

byathread

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have you checked out the special edition, stealth and king ranch trim packages? You get ccd with SE and Stealth, not sure about king ranch.
My SE was about 1K less on sticker and purchase price was ~67500. I could get about that deal everywhere at the time. Had to drive to Cincinnati to get decent trade value for my 2005 Tacoma and lose a $500 local incentive...

Good luck with the purchase!

OP
OP
D

DrPangloss

Reaction score
It says it has special edition package, i wasn't super clear on what that was. I can't find king ranches in my area with the HD tow package, I looked. that 68000 doesn't require trade in or financing through them.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
To be honest, you may can do a bit better for a leftover 2020, but it really depends on the dealer. Personally, 62-64k would be my otd price. It seems people looking for xlts do better with their deals than those looking for loaded trucks, check out the 4th gen threads for examples. Btw, that truck has the special edition package which includes ccd. The window sticker says special edition, and 22in wheels which includes ccd for all trucks before 2021.

byathread

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yep, what @dlcorbett said, if it's a special edition, it's got ccd. I couldn't open that sticker on tapatalk. Unless you can get a leftover 2020 how you want it, ford x plan pricing would be the best you could get from what I've read on here for a 2021 now. I didn't have that possibility myself, but, still got a decent deal, especially considering what I got for my trade...