Major changes should be made.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The base MSRP is getting too pricey I agree. Just a few years ago the King Ranch model was the price of today’s base truck. And we are talking maybe 5 years. Today it’s more of a game to be fair. All bigger incentives and more negotiation room so the high price is kind of artificial.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blackscreen67

Blackscreen67

Born to spool
Reaction score
The base MSRP is getting too pricey I agree. Just a few years ago the King Ranch model was the price of today’s base truck. And we are talking maybe 5 years. Today it’s more of a game to be fair. All bigger incentives and more negotiation room so the high price is kind of artificial.

Every dealer I dealt with said 2017s flew off the lot the moment the price of 2018s were announced! Also a $15k price jump in a single model year is hilarious.

I believe if Ford were to start branding and styling to similarity of the F series from Lexus, M series from BMW, or an overall more focused brand to consumer deliverable item then the price tag would be better suited.

Yeah I bought this for my wife, I'm smart enough to not put my vehicle preferences over my desire for p***y. Just saying.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You guys are funny fr. But anyway, i myself would like to compare all the suvs esp when the new gls and x7 come out next yr. From what ive driven so far, the expy was the best balance and has less compromises. If i could do it over, id get an expy plat or navi, that was where my heart was but i was buying a house the same time i was getting my truck. I love my expy and so does my wife, but there are things i dont like either or omitted(mainly becuz i based my build on the 17 model). I understand where bs67 is comin from though. Not everyone gonna like everything about the expy or navi, he didnt say he didnt like, but theres aspects he doesnt like. his experience is gonna be diff than other ppl and their trucks, this is his sec expy after the first one was a lemon, and he is basing his experience off of his previous cars. The durango is a nice piece. To me bs, though you didnt have it long, you seemed more happier with the 301 expy than the 302 expy because it wasnt as soft as your current expy(softer suspension, softer brakes, rollier handling). My 301 had a very similar feel to all the durangos ive driven.

OP
OP
Blackscreen67

Blackscreen67

Born to spool
Reaction score
You guys are funny fr. But anyway, i myself would like to compare all the suvs esp when the new gls and x7 come out next yr. From what ive driven so far, the expy was the best balance and has less compromises. If i could do it over, id get an expy plat or navi, that was where my heart was but i was buying a house the same time i was getting my truck. I love my expy and so does my wife, but there are things i dont like either or omitted(mainly becuz i based my build on the 17 model). I understand where bs67 is comin from though. Not everyone gonna like everything about the expy or navi, he didnt say he didnt like, but theres aspects he doesnt like. his experience is gonna be diff than other ppl and their trucks, this is his sec expy after the first one was a lemon, and he is basing his experience off of his previous cars. The durango is a nice piece. To me bs, though you didnt have it long, you seemed more happier with the 301 expy than the 302 expy because it wasnt as soft as your current expy(softer suspension, softer brakes, rollier handling). My 301 had a very similar feel to all the durangos ive driven.

What's the x7 price point?

That's the interesting thing. Every major reviewer states when comparing the field based on price point they all state the Ford misses the bar.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think as many years, and units that are being sold, Ford should sell a performance package like they do with the Mustang. They did it back in the 60's/70's. Make a version with Shelby wheels, little or no trim, add a bigger motor, a tune that's within 50 state emissions, better brakes, and heavy duty suspension. Don't know if that would fly in this day and age, but high performance has always sold in the past. And considering that a good chunk of buyers are under 40 years old, it would be interesting to try. Maybe a Carroll Shelby version with the seats and striping to go with it. Probably never happen, but would be a cool SUV!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I, for one, am going to have to buy one of those Ranch Hand grill guards for mine...the brakes are just so inadequate that I keep rolling into things no matter how hard a stomp on the brakes.

(This is sarcasm.)

OP
OP
Blackscreen67

Blackscreen67

Born to spool
Reaction score
Exactly.

There's a reason X5s sell so well, the GLS, and the newest revamp of the QX80..... more consumers aka women are gravitating towards sleek rather than sophistication.

OP
OP
Blackscreen67

Blackscreen67

Born to spool
Reaction score
I, for one, am going to have to buy one of those Ranch Hand grill guards for mine...the brakes are just so inadequate that I keep rolling into things no matter how hard a stomp on the brakes.

(This is sarcasm.)

Your a female driver? Yep I went there lol.