Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have not. I haven't yet because it held vacuum during the hand pump test. Held 20lb of vacuum for 20 min. But I guess going over bumps or under load it randomly loses its seal. Going to hopefully get them done this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
They don't lose their seal from bumps or being under load.

OP
OP
D

David Stevenson

Reaction score
I went with the replacement not the delete. Forgot to add that.. It was odd that it would only happen then, or when we're having really cold days. Im on day 3 no noise. I've played around with the old ones and I've found that I should've had someone spinning the tire while I did the vacuum test because if I spin the gears or wiggle them around while holding vacuum it would lose seal. So im assuming that going over bumps would shift the loose seal/gears in the actuators. Because when stationary it held vacuum.

OP
OP
D

David Stevenson

Reaction score
I've had the really bad grinding in my last expy and these weren't as noisy, more of a mild random vibration. But on that one it was the check valve so when I changed everything except the actuators I knew that had to be it. So im thinking I caught them right before they went out and got bad. Im really ocd and can feel any difference. This is my 4th expedition and they're all really similar. Been through all the issues phasers, chain tensioners, roller/followers but I've figured out how to try and prevent those problems but have yet to figure out a good fix for this 4wd issue. That's why I almost went with the delete.

OP
OP
D

David Stevenson

Reaction score
And to prevent mix up with my original post the shift had nothing to do with it. This was the computer relearning my habits. There was some recall on the transmission so when I took it in they deleted the adaptive memory and flashed the computer..... but they didn't do the initial learn procedure correctly. So I went back did the initial idle test correctly and then the initial relearn of the adaptive memory transmission road drive The techs said that it would straighten itself out after a couple hundred miles but I didn't feel it was right. So I did it myself via Ford Tech Makuloco and it's completely fine now.