My MOAB Bucket list build..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
hypercardriac

hypercardriac

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Tore out the diff, replaced the posi diff with the open diff today.. Got it all together today, took most the week.. I’m too old for this shit but I’m not ready to stop, lol.. confident it will be pretty worthy still with the open diff for now. Still got posi in the rear.. Got the front LSD on the shopping list, but haven’t decided between spring or worm gear style.. This guys ready to be out in the shit again!!! Hopefully get it put in with time to play tomorrow!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
hypercardriac

hypercardriac

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Little flex test.. back to open front diff, and had a good time out playing.. got some video but it turned out mostly crap because I forgot to wash the window, lol.. Next in the list, without question, new transmission mount. That thing hangs nearly 6 inches below the frame. Got hung up 2 times yesterday on it. I got a pretty good plan to remedy that, but first a couple medical issues to take care of.. The rock bars did very well and held up nicely, supporting the vehicle weight even a couple time. Overall I was pleased. Also, the drivers side cv shaft is 2 separate shafts, cut in half and the good ends welded back together. An ‘I really need to test’ repair!! I expectedcb6c50b7e94c4c5cda76c928652bf59b.jpg
to snap it in quick fashion but it held the entire day. Will have a new one coming soon. acf1f402d47b8d37558d93d01b5f2135.jpg

OP
OP
hypercardriac

hypercardriac

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Took the family out wheeling in the local coulee. Couple spots I haven’t been able to conquer till now. But... I need to redesign a transmission crossmember and mount, and get to the damn trans pan skid plate. Either way, we made the whole trip we intended with no issues. Cool pic I got while on the ride.. b9521e62b7e7f579473e4f6d97953ba1.jpg

OP
OP
hypercardriac

hypercardriac

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you need some limiting straps to help prevent the shaft issue and that could break shocks while on the trail.

At some point, maybe.. possibly after the softer torsion bars. As far as shafts, I believe I have it finally taken care of. I did do better with front posi off road, but not much. Limited slip is definitely on the list, but I haven’t decided between worm gear style or spring style..

After doing the diff drop, I thought it would do better, but the posi font diff was just killing them no matter what. Seemed to be putting a lot of strain on the transfer case as well.

OP
OP
hypercardriac

hypercardriac

Full Access Members
Reaction score
0a6f99776ea73da1da9c6584fda08396.jpg
4cfa50ece697920ff52e7c8a4295d7ce.jpg
57cc50b04615b9b74417619f720ce645.jpg
Was hoping the OD green would help hide the roughness, but it just made it more visible. Gotta love a good dent with a good story tho, and this girl has lots!!

Reaction score
What are your thoughts on the Milestar's? I'm considering a set of 35s, which should fit just fine with my 3" BL -- previously ran a set of 315 Pro Comp MTs -- but want a bit more lift for wheeling, as the ProComps tended to rub pretty bad with articulation

OP
OP
hypercardriac

hypercardriac

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on the Milestar's? I'm considering a set of 35s, which should fit just fine with my 3" BL -- previously ran a set of 315 Pro Comp MTs -- but want a bit more lift for wheeling, as the ProComps tended to rub pretty bad with articulation

Best tire I have ever run, hands down.. The fact that it’s dominating the market says a lot too. Any recent videos in any big wheeling zones are majority Patagonia’s.. it literally performs everywhere I’ve needed and never let me down.. go fo em, you won’t be disappointed