Need help with wiring double din

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ENVIEDSOLDIER

Reaction score
hey guys so my friend totaled his car and i decided to scrap it for the radio and other stuff:party36::party36:

so i got this HU and i went and got a harness and dash kit from my local shop ive wired the harness. havent got into my truck and started opening things up yet

when i bought my harness another one came with it he said its for the sub

my prob is idk where to wire these 4 wires to

and theres also 4 wires on the HU harness that idk where to route i tried looking for a diagram online but i couldnt find one

purple with white stripe
blue with yellow stripe
brown
a light green

also with the backup cam im not really sure how to get it to work when i pop into R if anybody could help me out with a how to or a tut i would greatly appreciate it

i have a 2nd gen

the HU is a Kenwood DNX5120

heres some pics of what i got going

the backup camera and nav antenna are still by my friend hes gonna bring them later on i just wanted to get a headstart on what i was doing

Attachments

• IMG_2246.jpg
    IMG_2246.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 1,064
  • IMG_2337.jpg
    IMG_2337.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_7297.jpg
    IMG_7297.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_9207.jpg
    IMG_9207.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 438
OP
OP
E

ENVIEDSOLDIER

Reaction score
cant really tell from your pics where did you put the two black wires for the RCA plug for the sub i can see you spliced the two blue into the harness

do i splice them into the harness i got in pic 3?

Last edited:

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just installed a new HU on my second gen. The harness in the 2nd pic is for the sub. The rca's go into the sub out on the hu and the blue wires go to the remote turn on from the HU. As for the 4 wires from the HU, you would have to read the wiring diagram for it. I think the green wire is for the parking brake so it will play a video, at least that is what is was for on mine and wiring colors have a standard color patern in the aftermarket world. For the backup camera, run the power wire for the camera to the backup light(either one) so the camera comes on when you put it in reverse.

OP
OP
E

ENVIEDSOLDIER

Reaction score
I just installed a new HU on my second gen. The harness in the 2nd pic is for the sub. The rca's go into the sub out on the hu and the blue wires go to the remote turn on from the HU. As for the 4 wires from the HU, you would have to read the wiring diagram for it. I think the green wire is for the parking brake so it will play a video, at least that is what is was for on mine and wiring colors have a standard color patern in the aftermarket world. For the backup camera, run the power wire for the camera to the backup light(either one) so the camera comes on when you put it in reverse.

what about the two black wires attached to the sub harness

its a total of 6
2 are black
2 are the blue <run those to the blue wire on the radio harness
2 are the rca <i knw where to plug these

i dont have a diagram since i didnt get it new and i cant seem to find one on google

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My sub harness did not have 2 separate black wires. Just the RCA connectors and the 2 blue wires. Black would mean ground, so I would assume you need to tap into another ground wire or find a good location to ground them separately. You could try to leave those unconnected to see if you may not need them before you reinstall into the dash. If the sub doesn't work, then you will need to hook them up.

Last edited:

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look on the plug from the vehicle to the sub and see if there are wires in the spots where they are in the adapter. No wires, no connection needed. Maybe on some they brought the ground back to the radio.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII Using Tapatalk2

OP
OP
E

ENVIEDSOLDIER

Reaction score
hey guys so i got the rest of the stuff in nav antenna, R camera and steering wheel control module i figured out the sub wiring and most of the module wiring i just had a couple more ?s

on the end of this module there is a jack (PIC 1) and a blue wire with a yellow stripe in the instructions it says run wire to harness on HU i did that but it dosent say anything about the jack or where its supposed to go i have pics below to show what im talking about and a pic of the back of my HU (PIC 2)

for the reverse camera theres a video wire that is very long im guessing it goes from the HU to the camera theres another wire which is red and at the end has a black and red wire (PIC 3) im guessing i wire this to my reverse light which is no problem my ? is will that enable the camera to automatically turn on when i pop in R or is there something else i have to do ?

im guessing its a completed harness besides those now 3 wires from the HU (PIC 4)

brown
Purple with white stripe
and the light green <(PIC 5)

Attachments

• IMG_1633.jpg
    IMG_1633.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_0707.jpg
    IMG_0707.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_2150.jpg
    IMG_2150.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 442
  • IMG_2159.jpg
    IMG_2159.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_7568.jpg
    IMG_7568.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 239
OP
OP
E

ENVIEDSOLDIER

Reaction score
What's the best way to get the video wire from the back to the front where do you guys hide your wires?

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hey guys so i got the rest of the stuff in nav antenna, R camera and steering wheel control module i figured out the sub wiring and most of the module wiring i just had a couple more ?s

on the end of this module there is a jack (PIC 1) and a blue wire with a yellow stripe in the instructions it says run wire to harness on HU i did that but it dosent say anything about the jack or where its supposed to go i have pics below to show what im talking about and a pic of the back of my HU (PIC 2)

for the reverse camera theres a video wire that is very long im guessing it goes from the HU to the camera theres another wire which is red and at the end has a black and red wire (PIC 3) im guessing i wire this to my reverse light which is no problem my ? is will that enable the camera to automatically turn on when i pop in R or is there something else i have to do ?

im guessing its a completed harness besides those now 3 wires from the HU (PIC 4)

brown
Purple with white stripe
and the light green <(PIC 5)

What's the best way to get the video wire from the back to the front where do you guys hide your wires?

For the swi, the black line should go to the wired remote input on the hu. I'm not positive on the backup camera as I don't have mine yet but several different instructions have said to wire the camera power to the back up light. When you put it in reverse it should also turn on the cam. I plan on running my wires above the headliner.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII Using Tapatalk2