New Sequoia vs 22+ Expy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markw1855

Reaction score
Check out the back of the new Sequoia, you may or may not like the fact that even with all the back seats folding down, you can't get a flat surface...
Agree. Got my 304a SPP since Oct 2022. Love it. Glad I didn’t get the Toyota. Just not enough room for 7 passenger with luggage.

Left Coast Geek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
re that cargo picture, here's the same with an 8 passenger (3 seats in the 2nd row)...

i-ZZ8DWdb-X3.jpg

(the 2nd row middle seat wasn't down flush because there was a shirt or something on the seat, I didn't check before snapping the pic.)

thats 7 feet+ flat space

OP
OP
R

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If ford’s customer service was actually serious about helping customers they would have far better brand loyalty. Their market share has been shrinking for many years.

Reaction score
We really liked the sequoia but I agree feels cheaper inside. Went with expedition. Much more premium feel. Also, the major issue with the sequoia is you cannot select 4 auto, only 4 high. I do feel Toyota is still a better brand in terms of reliability and resale is unmatched. I noticed tons of older sequoias on the road but few of the new sequoia. I also read many forums and many DIEHARD Toyota fans HATE the new 2023 sequoia. We did have a few upfront quality issues with our 2023 expedition, but once resolved it’s overall a great truck. Also, the hybrid engine adds zero value in terms of fuel economy and just another complicated component to break down.

Reaction score
We really liked the sequoia but I agree feels cheaper inside. Went with expedition. Much more premium feel. Also, the major issue with the sequoia is you cannot select 4 auto, only 4 high. I do feel Toyota is still a better brand in terms of reliability and resale is unmatched. I noticed tons of older sequoias on the road but few of the new sequoia. I also read many forums and many DIEHARD Toyota fans HATE the new 2023 sequoia
This is a excellent comparison Picture. What I don't understand is why the Toyota is designed this way. Is there a technical reason? I know for a fact that they look closely at competitors vehicles to get design inspirations.
battery

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Sequoia is completely useless for cargo. What in the world were the designers thinking?
Evidently they were not. Amazing that the super poor cargo situation made it past sales and marketing.

I had some involvement with Japanese industrial manufacturing years ago and at that time engineers ruled the roost, evidently still the case. "The battery will go under the rear seats and we don't care about flat cargo floors" Prolly will cost them a third to half of their sales on this model.

Elvisinflorida

Reaction score
@ TheDoug regarding the ugly stick hit on the Sequoia. Maybe it's just me but I find my Eddie Bauer 2004 Expedition to always be the best looking car in the parking lot. So I can truly understand your comment about the Sequoia being hit by an ugly stick.

lewis

Reaction score
I like the exterior looks of the new Seq but LOVE my '22 Timberline. Twin turbo sounds and performs amazing. Our 90lb lab also loves the 2d row bench when all seats are folded down (wish they had the factory rubber backing for 2d row tho). We fill in the gaps with pillows, lay a dog mat down and he has a house back there ;) Now if I could just get a 2" lift that works properly for it and some Raptor or Bronco size rims/tires it would be perfect :/ We're enjoying the heck out of it and just finished a 15K trip around the US with zero issues.