New Sequoia vs 22+ Expy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone test drive the new sequoia and can cross reference their experience with the refreshed 22/23 expedition?
I have been looking to test drive one but no dealers near me either have a sequoia or they are sold faster than they are delivered.
Specs seem solid and the rear air ride is nice option. Expedition is nice, I have a 304a SPP, but 70 more ft lbs of torque, roughly the same towing and fuel economy. No brand is perfect. But Toyota has a stronger reputation for reliability and not haggling their customers for repairs.

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well I have not driven one, but my neighbors just got one and it looks like it got hit with an ugly stick. I would not want that thing in my driveway on just the looks. (which I know is subjective)

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check out the back of the new Sequoia, you may or may not like the fact that even with all the back seats folding down, you can't get a flat surface...
And Sequoia is not good at towing stability, according to the video below. Not sure if SR5 + Sport package will improve towing stability, though.

Bennifer88

Reaction score
I test drove the TRD trim several months ago of the new Sequoia, and personally, I felt the pick up was awful, the interior felt cheap and much smaller than the Expedition, and the lack of space in the back due to the bump out in the third row for the placement of the battery pack/lack of folding seats flat - it was a hard no for me. The outside does look nice but that's about it. But that's just my preference. I ended up getting the Expedition Timberline, which I love!

jjscsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wanted to drive one about three months go. He said they are asking $15,000 over list for them but will come down to $7,000 over. They did not have one in stock but it really didn’t matter.

I wanted to drive a Wagoneer but there were none equipped the way I wanted within 250 miles. Needless to say I’m an Expedition owner instead.

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The ones with the black grill do not look bad. But the interior is very plastic and clunky. The sliding trays, cupholders, etc.
It cannot even come close to the niceness of the Ford Interior. I like Toyota as a brand they make some great stuff like the 4runner.
But I would take a Gen 4 Expy any day over the Sequia even if it was 10-20k cheaper.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The fact that the third row is so horribly designed that it does not fold flat should be a deal breaker for anyone but a true Toyota fan boy..