OEM Raptor Wheels and Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dude says 17s run stiff and calls me "smart"...

Big rimz have never been my thing. To each their own... Wheel arches have grown in the last 10 years to make them not look completely idiotic but I'm still not a fan. Come drive something you care about down here in New Orleans and you will know exactly why 22s are dumb here. It's literally 3rd world around here. A couple friends that own exotics have multiple bumpers so they can still drive the car while the other gets repaired. We still have mayor's in jail for stealing funds designated to road maintenance and it shows.

Buckle up... Took delivery today so let the de-stuntin begin so it doesn't look like I drive a limo. Though it's going to have to wait a month because we are leaving the state until things die down a bit... Be safe everyone!!

20200408_165407-01.jpeg

Last edited:

3tonsoffun

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dude says 17s run stiff and calls me "smart"...

Big rimz have never been my thing. To each their own... Wheel arches have grown in the last 10 years to make them not look completely idiotic but I'm still not a fan. Come drive something you care about down here in New Orleans and you will know exactly why 22s are dumb here. It's literally 3rd world around here. A couple friends that own exotics have multiple bumpers so they can still drive the car while the other gets repaired. We still have mayor's in jail for stealing funds designated to road maintenance and it shows.

Buckle up... Took delivery today so let the de-stuntin begin so it doesn't look like I drive a limo. Though it's going to have to wait a month because we are leaving the state until things die down a bit... Be safe everyone!!

View attachment 35379
Looks better just as it is without throwing RTOs on it

3tonsoffun

Full Access Members
Reaction score
WTF? Smaller wheels even with a higher load tire ride smoother than the 22’s. Does your raptor ride stiff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don’t have a raptor, I have a 2016 expedition on 20s with 35s and it can be stiff at times yes

sanman28

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yesterday I purchased take-off raptor wheels (non bead-lock), .25" spacers for all 4 wheels, and a 3/2 readylift.......295/70 or 305/70 tires? The expy arrives on 7/6 unless the KY plant shuts again. I will be powdercoating the wheels a different color. Haven't decided that.

Last edited:

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yesterday I purchased take-off raptor wheels (non bead-lock), .25" spacers for all 4 wheels, and a 3/2 readylift.......295/70 or 305/70 tires? The expy arrives on 7/6 unless the KY plant shuts again. I will be powdercoating the wheels a different color. Haven't decided that.
Cool, can’t wait to see how this looks!

Shaffer9

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Just curious why you are planning the .25" spacer? With the raptor wheels and tires of that width you will already be wider than stock. I don't think the .25" spacer (6mm) will have the hubcentric lip (sorry I don't know the technical term) for the wheel to align on. If you are looking for a little more width, would think going up to 10mm(with the hubcentric lip) and longer studs would be a little bit more solid setup. 10mm is the smallest I've seen with this lip. Some people say you could get away without new studs with 10mm spacer. Just some thoughts, can't wait to see the setup.

sanman28

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just curious why you are planning the .25" spacer? With the raptor wheels and tires of that width you will already be wider than stock. I don't think the .25" spacer (6mm) will have the hubcentric lip (sorry I don't know the technical term) for the wheel to align on. If you are looking for a little more width, would think going up to 10mm(with the hubcentric lip) and longer studs would be a little bit more solid setup. 10mm is the smallest I've seen with this lip. Some people say you could get away without new studs with 10mm spacer. Just some thoughts, can't wait to see the setup.

Trying to avoid trimming the rear axle shaft....and that is needed to fit the center cap on F150 wheels. This is purely to clear that. From what ive read, .25 is so minimal that you dont even need longer studs....and all the review for the RC .25 spacers say they work just fine. Torque and re-torque and enjoy. Im putting them on the front so it matches....OCD. And also buys a little more UCA clearance. Worst case, if they are an issue....i can just take em off and trim.

Last edited:

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing it!

I still can't believe the OP was able to stuff 35s at stock height. Anybody with a stock height expi mind taking a couple quick measurement for me? Curious how close our fenders are in size...

20200521_140804.jpg

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing it!

I still can't believe the OP was able to stuff 35s at stock height. Anybody with a stock height expi mind taking a couple quick measurement for me? Curious how close our fenders are in size...

View attachment 36197

You need the lift and tires. Have we seen a lifted Navy yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Where is the need? Not arguing, truly asking. Im not afraid of a bfh and trimming. I could also stick to 33s... I just like the option of small 35s (pretty sure stock raptor tires are actually 34. something) for when we figure out the shock eliminators and the master plan can start to come together...

Last edited: