Passenger side mirror freaking out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

st381183

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My mirrors are still doing but it’s been a couple of weeks. I did have my remote start repaired. It was not working and the dealership discovered that there was an aftermarket remote start module attached to the vehicle’ computer. They removed that and remote start is working again. They claim the remote start was installed at the “docks” suggesting the finished vehicle was imported? I will report if the extra remote start module was the issue if my mirrors don’t freak out anymore.

**The dealership stated that the new F150s were having the same remote start issues with the extra module being installed.

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They claim the remote start was installed at the “docks” suggesting the finished vehicle was imported?
"Dock" also refers to a shipping dock. "On dock date" refers to when a product leaves the factory but before it's shipped.

OP
OP
S

st381183

Full Access Members
Reaction score
"Dock" also refers to a shipping dock. "On dock date" refers to when a product leaves the factory but before it's shipped.
Okay, I can buy that but either way if your remote start is acting up you may want to ask the dealership to check for an extra module that shouldn’t have been installed.

18-FX4-GUY

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine do it randomly, just not very often like 3 or 4 times now. As soon as I see them start to move I hit memory 1 and it stops.

benyl

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This has also happened to me. Pressing memory 1 didn't help. I had to select the mirror and adjust to stop the freak out.

rgraetz

Reaction score
Mine has started to do it as well. I've only had it for a month and this is already starting to happen.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine has started to do it as well. I've only had it for a month and this is already starting to happen.
Oh mine first did it a week in...it has nothing to do with age, it's just a glitch in the programming somewhere I think.

One of those FORscan boys needs to get on it!!!! (I'm kidding.)

Kmdcolo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've experienced this a few times too. Always with my key (#2) and always the passenger side. I can stop the issue by clicking my memory button.