Phone menu was there one day and gone the next.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
1970Maverick

1970Maverick

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No not yet. My bud has been in the process of building a mechanic shop at his home so he can retire from his day job and start working from home along with his youngest son. I know he’s been busy with the build so I haven’t bugged him. I told him no hurry on the testing. I will check in with him after this holiday weekend and see how his shop is coming along. He was waiting on electric last I’ve talked to him. Sorry for the delay on info but I will post something as soon as I know something.
No worries, please keep me in the loop.

Boostedbus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I talked to my bud this morning and as of now he’s gonna look at my Expy on Monday evening. He’s on vacation this week and his scanning tools are at his work. Hopefully I’ll be able to report an easy fix rather than taking it to the dealership.

Boostedbus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Okay the bad news is I’ve gotta take it to the dealership. He linked to it and it showed it had 12V to the APIM but it couldn’t communicate. The APIM must be bad. I’ll post results when I get it back from the dealer. We tried.

OP
OP
1970Maverick

1970Maverick

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Okay the bad news is I’ve gotta take it to the dealership. He linked to it and it showed it had 12V to the APIM but it couldn’t communicate. The APIM must be bad. I’ll post results when I get it back from the dealer. We tried.
Thanks for the update. I bought my EXPY new because I didn't want a lot of electronics and I just wanted to use the hands free for my phone. Depending on how much the repair/replacement will cost I may just get a separate bluetooth phone speaker. Still curious about what your dealer says it will cost P+L.

Boostedbus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. I bought my EXPY new because I didn't want a lot of electronics and I just wanted to use the hands free for my phone. Depending on how much the repair/replacement will cost I may just get a separate bluetooth phone speaker. Still curious about what your dealer says it will cost P+L.
I’m dropping it off Monday morning so I’ll let you know. It should only cost me my $100.00 deductible but I’ll take a picture of the invoice and post it. Yeah I bought mine new also with the same mindset about less electronics the better, and here we are.

OP
OP
1970Maverick

1970Maverick

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m dropping it off Monday morning so I’ll let you know. It should only cost me my $100.00 deductible but I’ll take a picture of the invoice and post it. Yeah I bought mine new also with the same mindset about less electronics the better, and here we are.
Do you know where the APIM is located and how to disassemble the piece parts to get to it?

Boostedbus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well my update on today’s service goes as follows….. I waited patiently in a long line for my dealer to open the doors at 7:00 am. I evidently wasn’t the only one who had been given a 7:00 am appointment. I had also explained in detail to the person who scheduled my appointment what the symptoms and problems were. When the service writer’s finally arrived at work (LATE), they started a line in the service lane where I patiently waited on foot. When I finally got waited on the service writer had asked me what was wrong with my Expedition. I had told the problems once again even though it was already supposedly written down on the appointment paperwork when I had called in last week. I was then told that diagnostics was a week out before they could look at and diagnose it. Okay now this is where the steam starts to roll out of my f***ing ears! I ask what the f*** am I doing with an appointment for today then??? She says well the people that schedule the appointments don’t know that it needs diagnosis. I then ask why the **** did she have me explain in detail what the f*** is wrong with it and why wouldn’t they know that something like this would need a diagnosis? She had no answer and asked if I was going to leave it. I said for “For a Week?” F*** NO!! So I then told her to move the other vehicles out of my way in the lane and let me out of there! UFR! I have officially decided that I am totally done with Koons Ford of Baltimore. I unfortunately bought the Expy from them back in 2017. Back then I still had some connections with people I knew that worked there but not anymore. So I wound up reaching out to another friend of mine who works at Apple Ford and he is going to try and personally fix it himself next week even though he is normally strictly their diesel mechanic. I clued him in on my buddy Johnny and I running tests on it (my Apple Ford friend used to be the service manager at Koons when Johnny worked there as a mechanic) so he already suspects a bad APIM. So I’ve now got an 8:00 am appointment next Monday at Apple Ford. I’ll keep you posted on the outcome. I feel better now that I vented off some of the steam and now knowing I’ll be taken care of by a reliable person. I should’ve scheduled with them in the first place! Koons must only have one Mechanic that can diagnose and he’s probably on vacation! What a joke!

Last edited:
OP
OP
1970Maverick

1970Maverick

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well my update on today’s service goes as follows….. I waited patiently in a long line for my dealer to open the doors at 7:00 am. I evidently wasn’t the only one who had been given a 7:00 am appointment. I had also explained in detail to the person who scheduled my appointment what the symptoms and problems were. When the service writer’s finally arrived at work (LATE), they started a line in the service lane where I patiently waited on foot. When I finally got waited on the service writer had asked me what was wrong with my Expedition. I had told the problems once again even though it was already supposedly written down on the appointment paperwork when I had called in last week. I was then told that diagnostics was a week out before they could look at and diagnose it. Okay now this is where the steam starts to roll out of my f***ing ears! I ask what the f*** am I doing with an appointment for today then??? She says well the people that schedule the appointments don’t know that it needs diagnosis. I then ask why the **** did she have me explain in detail what the f*** is wrong with it and why wouldn’t they know that something like this would need a diagnosis? She had no answer and asked if I was going to leave it. I said for “For a Week?” F*** NO!! So I then told her to move the other vehicles out of my way in the lane and let me out of there! UFR! I have officially decided that I am totally done with Koons Ford of Baltimore. I unfortunately bought the Expy from them back in 2017. Back then I still had some connections with people I knew that worked there but not anymore. So I wound up reaching out to another friend of mine who works at Apple Ford and he is going to try and personally fix it himself next week even though he is normally strictly their diesel mechanic. I clued him in on my buddy Johnny and I running tests on it (my Apple Ford friend used to be the service manager at Koons when Johnny worked there as a mechanic) so he already suspects a bad APIM. So I’ve now got an 8:00 am appointment next Monday at Apple Ford. I’ll keep you posted on the outcome. I feel better now that I vented off some of the steam and now knowing I’ll be taken care of by a reliable person. I should’ve scheduled with them in the first place! Koons must only have one Mechanic that can diagnose and he’s probably on vacation! What a joke!
WOW sorry you had to go through all that. My original dealer's service dept is as bad and I switched to a different one. Original service dept took 5 1/2 hours to change oil and rotate tires because they used the wrong oil and only rotated 3 tires(I knew because I have them numbered and wrote their positions before I handed the keys to them). Fortunately for me in Orlando there are 6-7 Ford dealers within 30 minutes.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni