Please Help with Injector Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swanner

Reaction score
Ok, so this is driving me nuts, what is the stock injector size on a 1998 ford expedition 4x4 Eddie Bauder 5.4 liter L engine code. I'm being told its 19 lbs per hour, but I found a set of accel injectors on multipule sites and the search always says the accel 19's aren't a match that I need 21 or 36 lb per hour injectors. I looked at the injectors and they are factory orange in color injectors but can't find anywhere what the true pound injectors are. And why if they are 19 why multiple sites say these injectors listed below won't work in my vehicle.

Accel 150819 set of 8 injectors

Can someone help?

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
Remember that those numbers are what the injector is capable of flowing. Ultimately, the computer is going to decide how much fuel actually goes through each injector. They really should say that the injector is capable of flowing up to 21lbs/hr.

So it certainly isn't going to hurt to get the 21lb or even the larger ones. (especially if you are planning mods in the future, like a blower or nitrous)

Just get the ones that you can get the best deal on.