Pulled cluster to install leds and now it won't start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you don't have the proper tools to troubleshoot it is almost impossible to try and help you.
check all fuses under dash and under hood. Look closely at everything you touched during your project. Get a magnifying glass and look at where you soldered make sure it not touching anything it shouldn't. Check the connectors for debris and bent pins.
The odometer is a known problem with 1st gen expys and you should fix while you have the cluster out.

OP
OP
P

Pclaythomas

Reaction score
It's hard being poor.......I have checked the connections as best I can. I used an ohm meter to check continuity and all checks good. All fuses are good inside the engine bay and cabin.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A simple, cheap thing you can do is, pull plastic air horn off of throttle body. Open throttle wide open, spray a 2 second shot of starter fluid. Crank it, if it starts you've narrowed down your problem to fuel, as Stamp stated earlier. When you crank engine see if security light on dash flashes real fast or the normal 1 flash per second.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you don't have the typical home mechanic tools including floor jack(s) , jack stands, fuel line disconnect you are visiting a shop if the fuel pump died.

OP
OP
P

Pclaythomas

Reaction score
You mean the fuel pump switch under the passenger kickpanel? Did that earlier. It doesn't look tripped. I pressed down on it pretty hard.
I do have jacks and floor stands and fuel line tools. Just don't have a fuel pressure gauge.
Also, my Expedition has 20" Harley wheels so it sits pretty tall. I know that doesn't matter here but it makes getting under it easier.
I also had a new fuel pump installed last summer.