Question on True Synthetic oil (5.4L)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
Mobil 1 is a tier III oil, aka made from base stock(recycled oil). RoyalPurple and Redline are true, tier V 100% synthetics. Motorcraft full synthetic, gave me a start up rattle on my Lincoln Intech 32V. It revs really high, right after starting. Switching to a premium filter(non paper), Mobil 1 and a 1/2 bottle of Hy-per lube stopped it.

Last edited:

Rexpedition

Reaction score
I can now never use either of these oils because of cat shirt man and his Molly Denim. Thx Machete.

I'll stick w/ Mobile 1 - though I might reach for 5-30 next time.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mobil 1 is a tier III oil, aka made from base stock(recycled oil). RoyalPurple and Reline are true, tier V 100% synthetics. Motorcraft full synthetic, gave me a start up rattle on my Lincoln Intech 32V. It revs really high, right after starting. Switching to a premium filter(non paper), Mobil 1 and a 1/2 bottle of Hy-per lube stopped it.
I thing the filter was responsible for all that.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've used Mobil 1 on all my vehicles for as long as I can remember. But, everyone keeps telling me they're all the same. Just switched to Kirkland brand full sythetic 5-30 from costco. At $25 for 10 qts, it's the cheapest I've seen yet and has all the stamps of approval I can't understand...Time will tell.
We are supposed to all be in the dark, just use it and save some money. Costco has a name it stands behind pretty well.