Quick FORScan Question Regarding Laptop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2Scoops

Reaction score
I've also been searching the forum for FORSCAN post and looking to see what changes are out there. Do we have any threads that shows all that can and has been done by members with FORSCAN? I haven't found anything yet. Coming from the Superduty forums we had a sticky thread with tons of codes and changes that members had done via FORSCAN and that was consolidated into one list. It would be really helpful if the guys that have used FORSCAN could tell us what is available to be changed at the moment and for other members to keep adding to it.

2Scoops

Reaction score
Sorry guys. I just found the FORSCAN section outside of the 4th Gen forum. Newbie.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Okay, I just put this on my "wishlist" for Christmas.. After doing some research looks like all I need is this and then install the software on the computer. Thanks guys for the info!

That is correct. You just need that and ForScan loaded on a laptop.

I bought the mx+ for real time monitoring (likely to use torque app) not for ForScan purposes. Though you can use it if your laptop is Bluetooth or WiFi (I think) equipped.
I just want a wired connection when making changes. Not much chance of dropping a connection midchange.

OP
OP
twernst

twernst

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got the mx+ for $55 on Amazon today.

I was impatient and ordered just before thinking I would get the Black Friday deal on a laptop and me, son and grandad could all work on car together over weekend. But wife put kibosh on laptop so now I have to find super cheap other alternative.

5150 pops

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey guys, i've been waiting and this thing's finally on sale:https://www.scantool.net/obdlink-mxbt/ . If I get this, can I do everything from my android phone? I have an old (very old) windows laptop somewhere, but don't know if the thing even starts up.

Everything I have read, says that Forscan will not write through a phone, has to be Windows laptop, or some kind of backdoor Apple product running Windows.

I have the MX and used it to turn off, the double honk and a couple other things. I'd just be sure that your battery is charged well, or laptop is plugged into extension cord.