Ran into a Deer. . .dang!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Under 6 grand, good for you Max!

The totals aren't in, (although in my own experience, they never have had to go back for more) and the estimate doesn't really matter to MAX....but they ARE fixing your truck, and that's what really counts. I'm happy for you Max....I got hit by a deer too a while back so I know the bs stress involved.

Besides guys, I had an unfair advantage....not only am I a horrible driver on 4 wheels(so I see a lot of body shop invoices), I Estimate for a living. Imagine that, I get paid quite well for, well, guessing!

It's really a rather beautiful thing....to have a job where you cannot be "wrong" because you are only guessing<lol>!

jeff

OP
OP
M

max78

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well Jeff's prediction keeps getting closer and closer. As stated during tear down they are finding more and more damaged.

I asked them about the headlight and fog lights, I guess the insurance adjuster figured my smashed fog light was not in need of replacement.

They are still doing the tear down and should have a complete list Monday.

fxdwg

Reaction score
Had the same thing happen to my F250, ended up at about $8500.

OP
OP
M

max78

Full Access Members
Reaction score
so what makes you think you need to share a bunch of useless chatter, just get it fixed and save the drama.

You're the only drama here buddy, if you don't like it feel free to not come back.

I share because everyone likes a little carnage now and then.

SEPTIC PROFESSOR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here's the deal, buddy, there is not a woman in the entire industrialized world who would turn a car-deer accident into attention getting dribble forum posts. The woman would call her insurance company and her lawyer and get on with her life.