Rear seat entertainment ok or a bust?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@Vipersinu2
I'm sure the wifi works great, I'm more curious about the 4g bandwidth supporting two hd video streams at the same time... I hope it's no problem!

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@carymccarr
You mean a vehicle that isn't available for purchase that is a ground up refresh is better than the one on its third production year? Blasphemy! I also trust car companies about as far as I can throw them to do anything software based. Until someone can actually use that system who knows how good its going to be. Mobile processors are finally getting fast enough to where cheap options are not total garbage. Hopefully that will allow for a better experience but three years is an eternity for that progress...

@Vipersinu2
Nope, I missed it. I'll go check it out!

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@carymccarr
You mean a vehicle that isn't available for purchase that is a ground up refresh is better than the one on its third production year?

Not just “that” vehicle. Literally ANY vehicle with a USB/HDMI input can do what the fords/Lincoln’s do.

The new tahoes are already on dealer lots and the last gen had HDMI inputs you could plug a Roku or chrome stick into.

Heck I had a 2010 vehicle with composite inputs that I plugged a stick into lol (granted that was a pain b/c I needed to use a HDMI/Composite converter connection). The point is this is not new stuff.

If you are happy with it that’s great. But it’s arguably the worst in class RSE available today.

Last edited:

MxRacer965

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Instead of trying to develop their own crummy versions of what already exists on the market I think Ford (etc) would be better off to partner with Apple or Samsung to integrate their tablets better instead. Provide them from the factory, complimentary service to Netflix, AppleTV, etc for a bit along with complimentary WiFi from ATT...sorta like Sirius XM. We kinda do that already; we bought the kids a pair of iPads for $279 ea at Costco and Im about to activate the WiFi hot spot feature now that I changed my cell plan and it’s only $20 for unlimited data. We don’t let the kids use them much, but it’s handy when we do. I need to buy some mounts, and it seems the USB ports don’t supply enough power to keep the iPads charged. If Ford integrated these into a nice docking system, provided enough power to operate them/keep them charged without cables dangling it’d be pretty nice. CarPlay of some sort to the vehicle sound system if you wanted to play sound through the vehicle speakers...

Vipersinu2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
MxRacer965,

I just purchased the unlimited data plan for the hotspot in the truck.

It was $200.00 for the year.

That 16.66 a month.

No issues with streaming on 2 monitors using the hotspot.

flying68

Full Access Members
Reaction score
MxRacer965,

I just purchased the unlimited data plan for the hotspot in the truck.

It was $200.00 for the year.

That 16.66 a month.

No issues with streaming on 2 monitors using the hotspot.
I snagged it while it was on sale for $15 per month unlimited, no expiration.