Rear Sway bar?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I initially ordered mine from RealTruck.com, but after a week or so they cancelled the order since they said it's on backorder. I reordered from Summitracing.com and they estimate a ship date in late October, but at least they are upfront about availability since it's special order from Hellwig.

Zig10

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Where did you guys order your sway bars from? I see that they are special order from everywhere. And direct from Hellwig they add a $50 special order fee to each bar. Summit Racing is the way I'm leaning.
I went straight to Helwig because at the height of the coronavirus panic they were the only ones quoting an actual lead time.

AParamedic

Reaction score
I ordered from suspension connection with free shipping and no special order surcharge. The bar was drop shipped directly from Helwig. Lead time was quoted at 6-8 weeks and it arrived in 10 in the height of the pandemic.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So oddly enough, I have a long time friend that runs a Jeep offroad shop, he had existing relationships with Hellwig and was able to get them for me at a great price. At the time, Amazon had one of them (i think the front) but not the rear available. I try to stay away from Summit and fourwheelparts anymore, they are almost never the best price. I think I was going to use autoanything or someone like that.

Jay Mac

Reaction score
You guys may want to try some sumo coil springs. I tow a 6000 lbs trails from time to time and this completely erased all of the bounce and squat. Normal driving is a tad stiffer when turning....the side sway stopped significantly.

Zig10

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You guys may want to try some sumo coil springs. I tow a 6000 lbs trails from time to time and this completely erased all of the bounce and squat. Normal driving is a tad stiffer when turning....the side sway stopped significantly.

Have them, too. They help with the squat, but did nothing for the sway and roll towing at highway speeds. The sway bar eliminated it.

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sumo's won't fix the handling issues mine had. It needed the bar to borrow spring rate from the other side to help control the rebound dampening.

UTEngineer

Reaction score
Just installed Hellwig front and rear sway bars last weekend on our 2017 EL Limited.

Made a huge difference on leaning when cornering ... and the side-to-side sway issue when going thru approaches.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
And talk about an easy improvement. Just wish there were some good replacement end links for these, with top and bottom bushing instead of metal on metal.