Rear Sway bar?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just got my Hellwig rear sway bar delivered yesterday (11/21) after ordering on 9/24, so it was quite a wait since it was backordered from Hellwig (ordered through Summit Racing). I should have done this a long time ago, since the handling confidence level is much improved! My favorite freeway onramp used to cause a lot of body lean, and now it handles much flatter. Small country roads with lots of uneven pavement seem less dramatic as well since head toss is much reduced. Install was very straightforward as well. Just put the back wheels on ramps and 6 bolts later, the new swaybar is installed.

IF you want it to corner super flat, add the front sway bar now. Its not needed, but it really makes it lay flat on the road. The rear is literally a necessity. Without the rear bar, I would of sold this Expedition. I could NOT stomach the pathetic handling on rough roads.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
IF you want it to corner super flat, add the front sway bar now. Its not needed, but it really makes it lay flat on the road. The rear is literally a necessity. Without the rear bar, I would of sold this Expedition. I could NOT stomach the pathetic handling on rough roads.

I'll see if I get the itch for the Hellwig front sway bar at some point. It's much improved with just the rear sway bar, so time will tell if I replace the front as well. The OEM front sway bar is already a substantial piece of hardware compared to the rear, so I can only imagine what the Hellwig front sway bar looks like.

Chio4

Reaction score
I ordered both 10-14 from Hellwig cannot wait

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'll see if I get the itch for the Hellwig front sway bar at some point. It's much improved with just the rear sway bar, so time will tell if I replace the front as well. The OEM front sway bar is already a substantial piece of hardware compared to the rear, so I can only imagine what the Hellwig front sway bar looks like.

The Hellwig front bar is gigantic!

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have both Hellwig bars in and it definitely makes a big difference. They are a bit noisy though, and I've already pulled them off once to try and lubricate them a little better. I wish they were a better polyurethane style bushing but I do like them a lot.

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have both Hellwig bars in and it definitely makes a big difference. They are a bit noisy though, and I've already pulled them off once to try and lubricate them a little better. I wish they were a better polyurethane style bushing but I do like them a lot.

Gosh, I only hear my bars with the windows down and going slow on destroyed back roads!

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can slightly hear them inside but to your point, mostly when the windows are down. The worst is over speed bumps/humps, the travel causes a bunch of noise.

BLUWAGN

Reaction score
Just ordered a Hellwig rear from Summit, I'm excited to see the difference especially when towing! I watched the 3rd row passengers head movements on a road trip last week and it looked like they were riding on a school bus back there.

techdude99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would assume a squeak.

Based on past vehicles I've modified, the correct torque on everything in the correct sequence is key. After that, some really slick grease or swapping in stiff rubber bushings fix the squeak on the chassis to bar connection.

If it's the end links squeaking, especially types with metal bushings, the fix is usually more grease and ensuring the torque is correct.

Last edited: