Rear Sway bar?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chio4

Reaction score
Just got a UPS notice that My rear bar should be here before the weekend.

I postponed ordering a front bar until I see the improvement from the rear bar alone.

Just go ahead and order the front now. it totally sets it apart with both.

BLUWAGN

Reaction score
I also recieved notification that Summit Racing charged my card for my rear bar, so hoping to see it here soon! From all the comments here, I can't believe I'm this excited about a sway bar :D

bwhinnen

Reaction score
Having only just purchased our Expedition, I only just ordered the front and rear bars, so have a couple of month wait. We have a road near home that really gets the "Gen 4 Expedition Bobble-head™" (by Deadman) motions going, plus we want to tow a travel trailer in the future so it will only help.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
its so worth it though. The loaner 2020 expy I had was so much worse. I have front and rear on my '19. Best money spent yet.

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Having only just purchased our Expedition, I only just ordered the front and rear bars, so have a couple of month wait. We have a road near home that really gets the "Gen 4 Expedition Bobble-head™" (by Deadman) motions going, plus we want to tow a travel trailer in the future so it will only help.

You will never BELIEVE you tolerated the bobblehead BS so long once you get the bars on. The rear helps a lot, but the front ends it and makes it handle great!

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Having followed this thread for months and now that it appears the country is heading into safer times for going more places; I ordered both for our 2019 today from Summit Racing. Hopefully they'll arrive before it gets too hot for working underneath--at least for my son who'll be doing the grunt work while I supply the tools and cold beverages.

Squark

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm on the fence. It sounds like the bars greatly improve the handling and bobble head effect, but a couple of posts mentioned noise and a harsher ride/rebound. Could those of you with the bars installed elaborate on any negatives? I'm also curious how the ride is while towing. TIA!

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm on the fence. It sounds like the bars greatly improve the handling and bobble head effect, but a couple of posts mentioned noise and a harsher ride/rebound. Could those of you with the bars installed elaborate on any negatives? I'm also curious how the ride is while towing. TIA!

First off, the ride on my 18 Max 302A 4x4 was wayyy to soft in my opinion. The sway bars probably stiffened the ride up 10-15% so its not a float-boat anymore like grandmas 1980 Chevy Caprice Classic was. Factory ride quality was super smooth but the body just moved around absolutely unacceptably in my opinion. Not it rides a touch stiffer, but ALL the bad stuff stopped. The bobbing in big swells in the road, the driveway approachside-to-side neck whiplash, the sway on the freeway, ALL GONE!

I don't tow much with mine, but I'd bet it feels 3X as stable on the highway with like a travel trailer behind it. I can't even fathom how much it would SWAY with the stock sway bar. OMG......

Does the bar squeak, sure. If you open the windows at 20-30 mph and hit a speed bump, or harsh bump you can hear a squeak, but any driving with the windows up I never hear it.

Lets put it this way.... My Expedition used to drive like Grannys 1980 Chevy Caprice Classic bobbing ALL OVER the damn road. Now, it handles like a performance sedan, YES, that much improvement. Can anyone vouch for me here????