Rear Sway bar?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zig10

Full Access Members
Reaction score
from tip to tip, they were identical, within about a 1/4". The bolt on these is roughly 8 3/4" long, the factory ones I pulled off are close to 9" long. I think it's also deceiving because of the continuous metal piece, vs the factory ones with the flexible bushings on them.

Honestly, you'd probably get some handling improvements out of just the rigid end-links with the old bar. I ran the ES poly end links on multiple previous vehicles and each time it sharpened up the handling noticeably. I think the main reason manufacturers avoid them is because the bushings do wear over time and will squeak as they do.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
And they may, the fact is, the whole setup from Energy Suspensions was about $25, and if the bushings do wear out, a whole new set is less than $10. I agree, Having driven it a couple times since putting them on, both make for a pretty nice ride.

techdude99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
5280tunage - Would you know the Energy part # for the swaybar bushings?

I called Energy and they said our chassis is not supported but if I had some measurements they could point me in the right direction.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's annoying, if you give them part number 9.8121 and just ask what size the bushings are inn that kit, with them on, I think they are the 1.25" diameter bushings but I can't tell if they are the 7/8 nipple or the 11/16 nipple.

techdude99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Zig10 - I appreciate the info but I was referring to the bushings that mount the bar to the chassis and look like these.

Screenshot_20210123-202008_DuckDuckGo.jpg

5280Tunage - I'll call and try again

Thank you both.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh, I was wrong too then. Sorry, I thought you meant the bushings for the end links.

Okay. I actually already called them about this. I haven't found anyone that makes bushings that fit the diameter of the the bar and the mounts. If you have the stillen bars you should be able to get replacement bushings from stillen, but I haven't found factory replacements other than OE.

Gillbrak

Reaction score
Sounds like another wave of bars. Ordered mine on Dec. 8. Rear shipped out today. No update on the front yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bryz_expy

Reaction score
Just got a UPS notice that My rear bar should be here before the weekend.

I postponed ordering a front bar until I see the improvement from the rear bar alone.