Rear Sway bar?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If thats from Hellwig I would be afraid thats the old style bar? ...

Epps

Reaction score
Did the part numbers change after the upgrade? Might want to verify you got the updated part...?
Installed the bar this morning (Replacing the factory installed bar.) and it fit just fine. It makes the econ mode fell like normal mode and it no longer tilts on turns. Very happy with it.

Box says it fits 2007 and up.

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Installed the bar this morning (Replacing the factory installed bar.) and it fit just fine. It makes the econ mode fell like normal mode and it no longer tilts on turns. Very happy with it.

sorry which bar did y9u end up using?

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score

They are redesigning the 2018+'s, because they told me the old style bar damaged the 2018+ vehicles. They didn't say how or what, but they said they were damaging the vehicle itself!
I'm guessing it interfered with something underneath...... They told me they wouldn't have an ETA on the 2018+ bars until they retooled their part.

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They are redesigning the 2018+'s, because they told me the old style bar damaged the 2018+ vehicles. They didn't say how or what, but they said they were damaging the vehicle itself!
I'm guessing it interfered with something underneath...... They told me they wouldn't have an ETA on the 2018+ bars until they retooled their part.

THEY = HELLWIG.

Heres what Vern @ Hellwig told me on March 16th....

upload_2020-5-2_21-54-59.png

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
THEY = HELLWIG.

Heres what Vern @ Hellwig told me on March 16th....

View attachment 35869

So weird we keep getting all kinds of different responses from them. They clearly told me they damage the vehicles, yet they tell you they just don't fit. Who knows anymore.
Once mine EVER shows up, I'll get some pics of it.

Epps

Reaction score
The invoice says:

Shipped from Hellwig

Description: 7688 Ford Exped. RSB 16.05/412
GetAttachmentThumbnail

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@Epps is the Hellwig substantially thicker than the OE Ford bar?

I see that Hellwig also makes a front bar (P/N 7696)....hellwig has no listings for anything beyond 2018 MY.
Ive sent another message to Vern to check on their progress (im betting I know the answer....Kalifornia still shut down ti 18th of May)