Rear Sway bar?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chio4

Reaction score
Yes, I can feel it over very small bumps. It feels like something is thumping/loose when it happens and I can feel it at my feet. Could you visibly see an issue with your frame mount bushings? Mine don’t appear to be “bad.”

@DWs-TTEB I have the Moog end links on the rear. Sounds like maybe I need to upgrade the front end links too.
mine looked fine also until I put it in the air. there was A little play on the passenger side. even when I pulled them off they looked fine. hell wig will send you new ones free.

also my truck felt loose not as tight as when I put the bars on.

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@TheDoug check this page out:

need to trim 1/2" off the energy suspension end-link sleeves for the 4thGen Expy.

techdude99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@techdude99, do you like the ride quality now that you're a month in? Curious what your thoughts are.
After having the rear bar a while, I can subjectively say it was worth the price. The extra stability makes the truck a lot safer to drive. The ride quality depends on the CCD mode. Normal works best in my local area. ECO is best for highway.

As far as the front bar, it's been low on my list of priorities and I've been too lazy to install it. However, the MDX is at the shop so the wife drove the Expedition yesterday.

She came home upset because she went off-roading on a decreasing radius exit ramp trying to drive it like the MDX. No damage to the truck that I could see but it shook her up.

So....I'll be in the garage in a couple hours installing the front bar....

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
After having the rear bar a while, I can subjectively say it was worth the price. The extra stability makes the truck a lot safer to drive. The ride quality depends on the CCD mode. Normal works best in my local area. ECO is best for highway.

As far as the front bar, it's been low on my list of priorities and I've been too lazy to install it. However, the MDX is at the shop so the wife drove the Expedition yesterday.

She came home upset because she went off-roading on a decreasing radius exit ramp trying to drive it like the MDX. No damage to the truck that I could see but it shook her up.

So....I'll be in the garage in a couple hours installing the front bar....

In all seriousness, with the rear bar only I could run single lane round about at say 25 mph and after the front sway bar addition, it literally could eat the same roundabout 20 mph faster. Don't quote me on the exact speed, but the handling gain is insane.

techdude99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In all seriousness, with the rear bar only I could run single lane round about at say 25 mph and after the front sway bar addition, it literally could eat the same roundabout 20 mph faster. Don't quote me on the exact speed, but the handling gain is insane.
Well...my lazy butt just finished the installation. I matched up the angle of the bar to OEM to be sure I didn't install it upside down and the end links seem a lot closer to the drive shafts. Nothing hits, but I had to move the hoses and wires out of the way to get the socket on the top nut with a torque wrench.

As far as driving impressions, I have a roundabout that I just took at double my usual speed. This bar is impressive. I can't believe I'm saying this about a truck but it actually has good turn-in. Absolutely worth the investment in time and money. The wife is going to take it out in a few minutes. I'll post back with her take.

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well...my lazy butt just finished the installation. I matched up the angle of the bar to OEM to be sure I didn't install it upside down and the end links seem a lot closer to the drive shafts. Nothing hits, but I had to move the hoses and wires out of the way to get the socket on the top nut with a torque wrench.

As far as driving impressions, I have a roundabout that I just took at double my usual speed. This bar is impressive. I can't believe I'm saying this about a truck but it actually has good turn-in. Absolutely worth the investment in time and money. The wife is going to take it out in a few minutes. I'll post back with her take.

Its still a big shoe-box, but in comparison it REALLY REALLY helps the handling. It actually makes it enjoyable to drive for a change! lol

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I finally installed the front today and I have to say I really like the improved handling. (Did the rear one weeks ago and loved it as well)

No noises from anything on a quick 20 mile trip to get the kids the afternoon.

Thanks to all who contributed to this thread!

NukeLife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, I can feel it over very small bumps. It feels like something is thumping/loose when it happens and I can feel it at my feet. Could you visibly see an issue with your frame mount bushings? Mine don’t appear to be “bad.”

@DWs-TTEB I have the Moog end links on the rear. Sounds like maybe I need to upgrade the front end links too.
I have Moog end links front and rear. One of the rear ones need retorquing after my first trail ride. No worries since then. Any new suspension components need a thorough re-check 10 days after installing as they settle in.
The clunking over bumps has started on my front sway bar. Been installed about 3 weeks. I have off-roadbed it twice now.
I had 4WParts check it out and it is definitely the frame mount bushings. I’m disappointed in that. I will see what Hellwig has to say about it.