Removing face plate aorund radio - 2007

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevy24d

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to remove the dash cover around the radio and heater controls? I was hoping it was held with simple spring clips that you just push the cover to engage, but I do not want to find out the hard way!

Why you ask - I was going to hard wire a backup camera and I want to drill a hole thru this panel to run the wires neatly behind the dash. I want to see what is back there and drill it on the bench.

Thanks for any insight

Mark

mustangswan

Reaction score
The shop manual says the it is just held on by clips. It also says to remove the center lower panel before the upper center panel around the radio.

tk1971

Reaction score
I just stick my finger in the cig lighter and start pulling. I have an 07 (BTW), and the clip in that area comes off first. Then using a plastic screwdriver the rest of the clips can be popped off. Good luck.

tk

OP
OP
C

chevy24d

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Originally posted by tk1971
I just stick my finger in the cig lighter and start pulling. I have an 07 (BTW), and the clip in that area comes off first. Then using a plastic screwdriver the rest of the clips can be popped off. Good luck.tk
Thanks - Can I assume that you did this already?

Another question - I plugged my cell phone charger into the Cig lighter to no avail. Are these hard to get a good connection?

Last edited:

tk1971

Reaction score
Yep. Did it several times to install my Parrot Bluetooth and other stuff. Like the last poster said, it is live all the time. I wired my VR3 monitor to the cig power and then realized it didn't go off at all and had to take it apart again, and again, and again (for other reasons).

Originally posted by chevy24d
Thanks - Can I assume that you did this already?

OP
OP
C

chevy24d

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Originally posted by tk1971
Yep. Did it several times to install my Parrot Bluetooth and other stuff. Like the last poster said, it is live all the time. I wired my VR3 monitor to the cig power and then realized it didn't go off at all and had to take it apart again, and again, and again (for other reasons).

Thanks - forgot to ask you - do you really have to pull the lower panel first before sticking my finger in the cig lighter?

BTW - my cig problem was a blown fuse under the hood....

tk1971

Reaction score
I did pull the lower panel out the first time, but after that, I found that I didn't have to.

tk