Rented Max Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ford ruined the Expedition, to appeal to short soccer moms. It is now a mini van alternative. Ford wants the men, buying the ugly, high profit F-150.
Its definitely not a minivan alternative unless you know of 400hp 10spd Mini vans with true transfer cases and locking rear diffs? Not to mention respectable towing capacity. Hell 6inches of ground clearance on a mini van only happens if you put over sized tires on stock suspension lol.

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Challenger Hemi I got from Avis last month did not have rental mode. They left the 0-60 timer on the driver info screen and sport mode was more than happy to let the tires spin a bit...
Probably depends on the rental agency and even location. For sure I’ve had both Fords and GMs with obvious rental Nanny controls locked in. Its possible Fiat hasn’t figured that out yet

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
If i could remember correctly, the bronco didnt have an independent front suspension, third row bench, street tires, car like ride, and rear entertainment options. And i def dont remember ford ever advertising the expy the same as the bronco.
The Expedition, was the Bronco replacement. They sold so many, it cut into F-150 and Windstar sales. Ford slow rolled upgrades and new models. They want to sell high profit, F-150 trucks and claim #1 in sales for 25yrs running.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Its definitely not a minivan alternative unless you know of 400hp 10spd Mini vans with true transfer cases and locking rear diffs? Not to mention respectable towing capacity. Hell 6inches of ground clearance on a mini van only happens if you put over sized tires on stock suspension lol.
Agreed. The ‘it’s just a minivan’ line is so tired at this point I don’t even finish reading those comments lol

byz250f

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would never ever tell anyone to buy a former fleet vehicle/rental vehicle...junk. Beat up, abused, and had 100s of different owners whipping on them

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would never ever tell anyone to buy a former fleet vehicle/rental vehicle...junk. Beat up, abused, and had 100s of different owners whipping on them
I drove fleet Fords for nearly 10 years and this is one of the reasons I bought a Ford product. I beat the hell out of every one of those fleet vehicles in every way imaginable and they were tough as nails and never did I have a problem. I was religious about the maintenance intervals and we kept them for 60k miles. A Taurus and a few Fusions... boy were those cars great.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Expedition was to replace the Bronco but why? The Bronco was too narrow a segment. Yes the expy was to appeal to both Bronco buyers and what you call “Soccer Moms”. With 375 hp and 4WD the 2018+ Expedition is no minivan and is a very capable vehicle. It’s not my favorite anymore but still a great truck. This is why there are options and why the free market is awesome. If I was looking new I wouldn’t buy the new Expedition either, doesn’t mean the next guy isn’t going to choose it. I’d choose the GMC myself, it’s aggressive and it roars V8 when you hit the gas, just more “truck”. More similar to my 3rd gens stance from the drivers seat, the 4th gens don’t sit quite as high from there or have the power-dome hood that makes you feel like you own the road. Everyone likes what they like.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

Plati

Reaction score
Almost used to the vehicle now. The EcoBoost performs well. Yes that vibration thing is lane departure and a good safety feature. Too many lights on inside? Someone pointed out an overhead light was on. TFF. Getting used to dash, loaded with information. Personal fav is Turbo Boost. Yes it restarts due to vehicle charging and displays that. Got a wire cutter and cut the fobs apart. Happier now that I know how to adjust Nav volume.

Will probably buy a Buckin Bronco when they come out. I need better back country access in a ride with room for tall person.

Last edited: