Ride Height All Off After Shock Rplacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BooneDocks

Reaction score
2019 XLT 2WD Reg Length

Right before a big trip, we discovered our rear shocks were leaking fluid so we had them replaced under warranty by our home Ford dealer in Florida. Before we left, my wife said it looked like the back end was jacked up more than normal. I sloughed her off thinking the dealer knew what he was doing. A thousand miles later we are in Michigan and don't you know it, she was right and the vehicle is listing as well. Here are the measurements I took from the top of each tire to the apex of each wheel well: LF 5 1/8" LR 7 1/4" RF 4" RR 6 1/8". Still have another week of wait until I can get it into a Michigan dealer. In the mean time, do any of you have any idea what my home dealer did to this thing? My first thought was wrong shocks installed in the rear, but then there is the listing. Is there that much adjustment in each shock to account for this much difference all the way around? Thanks for any and all input.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not sure what could happen, the shocks really don't control ride height, only at maxes, but based on your numbers front and rear it looks like the left side is high by about 1 and 1/8". Which to me is a bit surprising since the fuel tank is on the left side, so I would expect right to maybe be a little higher if the tank is full. Can you park on a level surface and get 3 or 4' level and check it on the rear bumper?

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Shocks don't impact the ride height. Does it ride and drive normal? The only thing I can think of is that they put on the wrong shocks in the rear and they are too long end to end.