Running boards have mind of their own, dealer says drive more?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sixstring

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My drivers board was intermittently not deploying, would start to deploy and pull back in or would stay out.

Tried cleaning, power wash, lube and nothing worked.

Dealer replaced the motor assembly under warranty and it is perfect.

jjscsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don’t know what the manufacturer says about lubing them, but there is a good chance grease will cause them to collect a lot of dirt and grime under a Vehicle. A better option seems to be to clean them good and spray a dry lube on them.

OP
OP
D

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I see this got bumped back up. Ended up with a new running board. Ford must give an incentive for dealers to dodge repairs as this was as obvious of a problem as can be, yet they fought hard to not do it. Total bs.

bigboi66

Reaction score
Picked up expedition Thursday and they stated it was working correctly. Issue was realty to low battery CCA. However amps were still in the good range.. The battery was replaced and I left to go on with my day. 20 minutes in and 2 stores with kids getting in and out, my passenger running board started to act up again. I again turned it back to the shop and they called yesterday to state the passenger motor needs replacement as it is getting stuck half way and causing the issue. I proceeded to tell them that it mostly happens with the rear passenger door and maybe it could be a sensor in the door causing the issue due to the fact it seems to work with the front door... Still waiting. I'll update soon

OP
OP
D

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The battery thing is bs. Sounds like they tried that with you and even went as far as selling you one instead of just putting a new part on and being done with it.

bigboi66

Reaction score
They did get me on the battery however, I bought one elsewhere and brought it in. I was pissed and should have kept the old one after I had it tested multiple times and it was good. But they did end up replacing the running board motor. After having the expedition for 2 weeks.. friggin ****** me off every time I go there now.