Speaker upgrade worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

charlespsu

Reaction score
Does upgrading just speakers without replacing factory amps make any difference?

Have the B@O and after 2 years cant stand it anymore. I just don't want a major upgrade

Scottorama

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2018 xlt .. replaced factory speakers with an alpine setup, no amp. Huge difference for the better

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does upgrading just speakers without replacing factory amps make any difference?

Have the B@O and after 2 years cant stand it anymore. I just don't want a major upgrade
I’ve done the same in a Jeep and a Buick. You’d be amazed how new quality speakers make a world of difference.
At some point the speaker quality will out perform the factory amp capability. But in my experience, I typically upgraded speakers first then amp/receiver, if I’m still unhappy.
I’d start with speakers.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
An, I need to hear what systems yall are comparing the b&o to. I thought it was genuinely great, even after coming from a limcoln thx system (which was considered one of the best in late 00s).

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I'm not a speaker snob nor a huge music lover, so the stock B and Os were fine for me. I think a speaker upgrade is good if you really want it.

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was replacing my drivers door window this weekend looking at the speaker as I pulled it out and was wondering this exact thing.

OP
OP
C

charlespsu

Reaction score
Wife has 2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee without the upgrade and its WAY better than mine. Better bass, way louder, etc

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wow...I guess test driving and owning makes a difference. Tested a gc l and wagoneer with the Macintosh, agreed more bass but louder or more clarity...not rele. Same with the 14 spkr bose in the yukon denali. Wife said the same. My pops has a 22 escalade with the 20 spkr akg, that system is nice and i wonder what the 36 spkr sounds like.

techdude99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Before upgrading the speakers or anything on the B&O system next year I'm getting a RTA from a local mobile audio shop. I'll know right away from the results what needs to be addressed. Who knows, it may just need a better equalizer... That's my two cents.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65