Stuck at gas station truck won’t start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Turned off the truck to fill up and now it won’t even attempt to turn over. All I get is a click from the passenger side fuse box when I attempt to start. Battery is only a few months old and is ford oem fully charged. I’m assuming the starter has crapped out on me?

Guess I’m going to have to get the truck to spot and drop the starter and replace......f*ck me.

It’s almost like my truck doesn’t recognize the chipped key. I left the headlights on and walked away for about 30 seconds, I’m wondering if that did something. It’s not really reacting to me key when I click it over the turns which is weird.

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Turned off the truck to fill up and now it won’t even attempt to turn over. All I get is a click from the passenger side fuze box when I attempt to start. Battery is only a few months old and is ford oem fully charged. I’m assuming the starter has crapped out on me?

Guess I’m going to have to get the truck to spot and drop the starter and replace......f*ck me.
Apologies upfront here for asking this but.....is it in Park?

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You have Radio? Lights? Any other signs that it is alive, and just the Starter?

Not unheard of that a Motorcraft Battery fails all of a sudden. Might be new to you, but could have been sitting a dealer shelf for a LONG time. Never would buy a battery from the Dealer.

Duralast Battery with a good warranty is always my regular go to. Odyssey or Optima Yellow Top, if you really want to spend some money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A few issues, it appears my fob isn’t unlocking or locking the doors either. My Navigation screen works, interior lights work, but key and fob aren’t working.

I cannot depress the brake pedal it feels like a rock (has never happened) or get it to cycle from park on the shifter. The people here are understating and said they have plenty of open pumps at the moment. Before I get this thing picked up I’m going to try a spare key.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
A few issues, it appears my fob isn’t unlocking or locking the doors either. My Navigation screen works, interior lights work, but key and fob aren’t working.

I cannot depress the brake pedal it feels like a rock (has never happened) or get it to cycle from park on the shifter. The people here are understating and said they have plenty of open pumps at the moment. Before I get this thing picked up I’m going to try a spare key.

This is going to sound weird, but your Truck needs a Reboot, and to clear the KAM(Keep Alive Memory).

Pull the battery cables, turn the lights on. Wait a few minutes. Turn light switch off, and reconnect battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Plati

Reaction score
Could be a dead battery. Might be alternator went south. You need a voltmeter.