Swollen lug nuts!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flight-ER-Doc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, finally got the new lug nuts on, no issues...

However, I confirmed the model number with Gorilla before I bought them from Amazon: The manufacturer said the ones recommended by Amazon might not fit, and told me to get the
6644N "The System" Duplex Acorn Wheel Locks (14mm x 1.50 Thread Size) - For 6 Lug Wheels instead.

Flight-ER-Doc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No

They claim to have found that you have wheel locks (funky socket shape lugnuts that can't be removed with a regular socket = rudimentary theft prevention system), and that they found the "key" socket for them in your truck --- and made sure to return it to where it was before

...might also just be a generic "don't misplace the customer's ****" reminder if it doesn't apply to you

Yeah, when I tried to have the dealer rotate the tires and they pulled the swollen nut crap, they also didn't return my lug key... I had to go back and get it, and the one they gave me was NOT the one they got out of my truck.

Since I was going to replace them anyway, no big deal: I just made certain it fit the lug nuts.