Teaser pics of my project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Soldier777

Full Access Members
Reaction score
017.jpg

018-Copy.jpg

021.jpg

019.jpg

:favorites13::happy107:

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good so far. I want to make the same thing but I want round bar. Plus I am going to make them with four or five supports. I want them sturdy enough to be able to pick up the entire side of the truck with them like I can do with the ones on my Hummer.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
S

Soldier777

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks good so far. I want to make the same thing but I want round bar. Plus I am going to make them with four or five supports. I want them sturdy enough to be able to pick up the entire side of the truck with them like I can do with the ones on my Hummer.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I like round also but I don't have a bender and I needed the sliders to also act as steps. As far as strength goes, I will be able to lift the truck on to 2 wheels with a hi-lift. These are welded on and built very stout. :buffer:

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
nice sliders. are you painting, powder coating, or leaving raw?

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hopefully not raw. those would rust so fast in the winter. unless colorado doesnt use salt. still a cool project going on.

OP
OP
S

Soldier777

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am just painting with a flat back to match the paint and the reason for that is because if I scratch it on something then it is a easy touch up. Plus I hate powder coating parts that tend to take abuse. I will be attaching part of the exo to the sliders since they will be welding to the frame