The 4th Gen is too Expensive... or maybe not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well here in north east texas.....expeditions fly off the lot, not just platinums, every one i see on inventory only lasts a week. even used demo and used ones with low miles are gone before you know it.

I look every week because if the plat max 4x4 with hd towing package in plat white or ruby reds shows up...its mine :)

f150 crew cabs in all trims seem to be right on their heels.

the place we bought the edge turns over super duties incredibly fast..
and i am in the last year of baby boomers but still feel marginally young

Machete

My Rig. 2000 EB 4x4 5.4L
Reaction score
My guess is that Ford is enjoying the debt economy while it can. High end stuff pushed on people without money is the most volatile part of the consumer economy. With car loans at record default rates, tightening credit and gas prices rising, Ford better have a Plan B in their back pocket for when this bubble hits the wall.

+1
Plan B is the redesigned Ranger.

nate6966

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well here in north east texas.....expeditions fly off the lot, not just platinums, every one i see on inventory only lasts a week. even used demo and used ones with low miles are gone before you know it.

I look every week because if the plat max 4x4 with hd towing package in plat white or ruby reds shows up...its mine :)

f150 crew cabs in all trims seem to be right on their heels.

the place we bought the edge turns over super duties incredibly fast..
and i am in the last year of baby boomers but still feel marginally young
I found one of those Ruby Red Platinum 4wd w/ HD Tow. Had it a week and I'm lovin it!46eda11d2bead1b42fcd7ad5f7cbfcbc.jpg

nate6966

Full Access Members
Reaction score
it looks big as heck...
did it have the 3.73 gears and tow package with the trailer pro thing
Yep. Heavy duty tow package carries the 3.73. Has the trailer back up control feature which didn't impress me as much ad the fact it bumps the towing capacity up to 9000+ lbs

OP
OP
shane_th_ee

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Aaannnd the full year numbers are in: 86,422. Last time Ford sold more Expeditions was 2007... I think it's safe to say that the 4th Gen is not too expensive.