Timberline delivered last night, potential issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

rbelltx

Reaction score
That is exactly how the speaker cover looks on my Timberline.
Good to know. I thought maybe that’s how it was supposed to look but wasn’t sure, which is why I asked here. I don’t know a single person with an Expedition, let alone a new one.

Did you order this vehicle or was it on the lot? If I ordered a vehicle and it came in with 28 miles, I be concerned.

Also, some of those issues are on the front drivers side. I would look very hard and inspect (or have inspected) for repaired damage.
The vehicle was on the lot. I will have it checked out, thank you for the idea.

Question for you all: do you think it’s fair to ask the dealer to purchase and install aftermarket/OEM power deploy side steps in exchange for the hassle? I’m already going to have them get me a rental for the days this vehicle is in the shop but looking to see what y’all think the hassle is worth.

Edit to add: my wife is 5’ and gets in/out with a baby all the time so lower side steps would help.

Last edited:

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you didn't already buy one, and you intend to keep the vehicle, escalate your concerns with Ford and see if they will throw in a Ford ESP or something. Might be worth it given that it seems you might already have electrical issues.

OP
OP
R

rbelltx

Reaction score
If you didn't already buy one, and you intend to keep the vehicle, escalate your concerns with Ford and see if they will throw in a Ford ESP or something. Might be worth it given that it seems you might already have electrical issues.
Any idea how to go about escalating my concerns?

Quandary

Reaction score
This is why I bought a 7 year 100,000 mile warranty. The Ford warranty is easy to to find for $50 over dealer cost. Just don't buy it at the dealer when you buy the vehicle. Where I bought the Expedition they offered the warranty for $2,800. I bought it for a little over $1,400.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I contacted Ford customer care directly. I'm going to forewarn you though, it took me 6 months and a whole lot of telling them I don't accept their "outcome". They will tell you over and over that there is no way to escalate beyond the 1st tier customer support agent, but if you keep going, keep complaining, and fight for yourself you'll eventually get somewhere. It was worse than dealing with someone like your utility company x10, they don't care about customer satisfaction. But stick up for yourself and be sure to tell them how you have zero faith in an expensive hunk of metal that came all messed up. Have a list ready, pictures, etc.

mrmustang

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's already been answered:
Start with Ford corporate customer service phone call
Calmly, and nicely request a regional rep to come out and review the vehicle
Do not make threats, do not demand, stay calm, slow and steady wins this race so to speak
Get any and all responses from Ford or any of their employees in writing (verbal means nothing)

Above all else, give each level of customer service or management time to work through the system. Not everything can be resolved in 5 minutes, or even a few days as it works it's way through the system at Ford.

Tips: Say please, and thank you, be civil, remember, there is a human being on the other side of the phone that will try their best to assist you if you remain calm, cool, collected, and most of all, respectful. Just like yourself, as soon as you yell, or get yelled at, your get automatically defensive, and are less likely to want to help further.

Hope you find this helpful from a retired business owner who relied on repeat and word of mouth for my business, and ended my life in the business with a 98.7% positive CSI (customer service index).

Bill

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's already been answered:
Start with Ford corporate customer service phone call
Calmly, and nicely request a regional rep to come out and review the vehicle
Do not make threats, do not demand, stay calm, slow and steady wins this race so to speak
Get any and all responses from Ford or any of their employees in writing (verbal means nothing)

Above all else, give each level of customer service or management time to work through the system. Not everything can be resolved in 5 minutes, or even a few days as it works it's way through the system at Ford.

Tips: Say please, and thank you, be civil, remember, there is a human being on the other side of the phone that will try their best to assist you if you remain calm, cool, collected, and most of all, respectful. Just like yourself, as soon as you yell, or get yelled at, your get automatically defensive, and are less likely to want to help further.

Hope you find this helpful from a retired business owner who relied on repeat and word of mouth for my business, and ended my life in the business with a 98.7% positive CSI (customer service index).

Bill
In general, I completely concur. But my experience wasn't good, even when I was very cordial. When customer service is front and center, and the old adage of "customer is always right" is followed by the "business" you're right. With Ford's volume and their corporate issues, customers have to prove Ford wrong in many cases, because by default Ford has done nothing wrong and the customer is completely wrong.

And to be honest, in my experience, no matter how many times I asked, I would never get anything in writing or even email from Ford. 100% of all communications were only via phone, there was no option otherwise. I even wrote physical letters to executive leadership and that was the only written thing I got back, the usual canned thanks for your letter but too bad response.

I do say you need to be calm and cool, but you have to be forceful, meaningful, and passionate about what's going on. You can be respectful, but also solid. Also, having a good dealer/service dept. that can document your issues pretty well, that will definitely help.

armoredsaint

Full Access Members
Reaction score
wow that sucks, crazy how it passed final inspection or maybe it was a Friday and they DGAF